Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Proteomic analysis of a decellularized human vocal fold mucosa scaffold using 2D electrophoresis and high-resolution mass spectrometryNathan V Welham
Division of Otolaryngology, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Biomaterials 34:669-76. 2013..This work has implications for the manufacturing of biologic scaffolds from any tissue or organ, as well as for prediction and monitoring of the scaffold-host interaction in vivo...
- A rat excised larynx model of vocal fold scarNathan V Welham
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 52:1008-20. 2009..To develop and evaluate a rat excised larynx model for the measurement of acoustic, aerodynamic, and vocal fold vibratory changes resulting from vocal fold scar...
- Prospective multi-arm evaluation of surgical treatments for vocal fold scar and pathologic sulcus vocalisNathan V Welham
Division of Otolaryngology, Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison Wisconsin, USA
Laryngoscope 121:1252-60. 2011..The purpose of this study was to compare the clinical effectiveness of type I thyroplasty, injection laryngoplasty, and graft implantation for the treatment of vocal fold scar and pathologic sulcus vocalis...
- Fibronectin and adhesion molecules on canine scarred vocal foldsShigeru Hirano
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53792, USA
Laryngoscope 113:966-72. 2003..To examine the expressions of fibronectin and other adhesion molecules on the scarred vocal folds in a short- and long-term animal model...
- Prevention of vocal fold scarring by topical injection of hepatocyte growth factor in a rabbit modelShigeru Hirano
Department of Bronchoesophagology, Kyoto National Hospital, Kyoto, Japan
Laryngoscope 114:548-56. 2004..The present study aimed to demonstrate the effects of HGF on vocal fold scarring in an in vivo rabbit model...
- Regeneration of Multi-layered Vocal Fold MucosaNathan Welham; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is focused on the optimization of a multi-layered vocal fold mucosa substitute for the treatment of diseased or damaged tissue, and restoration of vocal function. ..
- Proteomic Profiling of the Vocal Fold Extracellular MatrixNathan Welham; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will also result in the development of a blueprint for the engineering of a healthy protein matrix for restoring damaged vocal folds. ..