Genomes and Genes
M D Welch
Affiliation: University of California
- Actin polymerization is induced by Arp2/3 protein complex at the surface of Listeria monocytogenesM D Welch
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California at San Francisco, 94143, USA
Nature 385:265-9. 1997..monocytogenes; this is consistent with a role for the complex in promoting actin assembly in vivo. The activity and subunit composition of the Arp2/3 complex suggests that it forms a template that nucleates actin polymerization...
- Actin dynamics in vivoM D Welch
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0450, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 9:54-61. 1997..Both Listeria monocytogenes and Saccharomyces cerevisiae have emerged as powerful model organisms for studying actin dynamics in cells...
- The human Arp2/3 complex is composed of evolutionarily conserved subunits and is localized to cellular regions of dynamic actin filament assemblyM D Welch
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0450, USA
J Cell Biol 138:375-84. 1997..Taken together with the ability of the Arp2/3 complex to induce actin polymerization, these observations suggest that the complex promotes actin assembly in lamellipodia and may participate in lamellipodial protrusion...
- Reconstitution of human Arp2/3 complex reveals critical roles of individual subunits in complex structure and activityH Gournier
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Mol Cell 8:1041-52. 2001..This study reveals that the nucleating and organizing functions of Arp2/3 complex subunits are separable, indicating that these activities may be differentially regulated in cells...
- The world according to Arp: regulation of actin nucleation by the Arp2/3 complexM D Welch
Dept of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, LSA Rm 301, Berkeley, CA 94720 3200, USA
Trends Cell Biol 9:423-7. 1999..These findings have led to a more complete picture of the mechanism of actin filament generation and organization during cell motility...
- Systematic mutational analysis of the amino-terminal domain of the Listeria monocytogenes ActA protein reveals novel functions in actin-based motilityP Lauer
Department of Molecular and Cell University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720-3202, USA
Mol Microbiol 42:1163-77. 2001..These unusual phenotypes illustrate the complexity of ActA functions that control the actin-based motility of L. monocytogenes...
- Pivotal role of VASP in Arp2/3 complex-mediated actin nucleation, actin branch-formation, and Listeria monocytogenes motilityJ Skoble
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Cell Biol 155:89-100. 2001..monocytogenes. The ability of VASP to contribute to actin filament nucleation and to regulate actin filament architecture highlights the central role of VASP in actin-based motility...
- A nuclear protein with sequence similarity to proteins implicated in human acute leukemias is important for cellular morphogenesis and actin cytoskeletal function in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeM D Welch
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California at Berkeley 94720
Mol Biol Cell 5:617-32. 1994..Our findings suggest that changes in the functions or organization of actin filaments might contribute to the establishment of the neoplastic state for these leukemias and lymphomas...
- Genetic evidence for functional interactions between actin noncomplementing (Anc) gene products and actin cytoskeletal proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeD B Vinh
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Genetics 135:275-86. 1993..Finally, we report the results of tests of two models previously proposed to explain extragenic noncomplementation...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 gene polymorphisms in an Australian population: association of the -1195G > A promoter polymorphism with mild asthmaJ Shi
Lung Institute of Western Australia and Centre for Asthma, Allergy and Respiratory Research, The University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 38:913-20. 2008..Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the COX-2 gene may influence gene transcription and PG production in the asthmatic airway...