Christine L Weisshaar
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The potential for salmon fibrin and thrombin to mitigate pain subsequent to cervical nerve root injuryChristine L Weisshaar
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6321, USA
Biomaterials 32:9738-46. 2011..0001) but was unchanged from injury responses for thrombin treatment. Results suggest that salmon fibrin and thrombin may be suitable biomaterials to mitigate pain...
- ProDisc cervical arthroplasty does not alter facet joint contact pressure during lateral bending or axial torsionNicolas V Jaumard
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 38:E84-93. 2013..A biomechanical study of facet joint pressure after total disc replacement using cadaveric human cervical spines during lateral bending and axial torsion...
- Metabotropic glutamate receptor-5 and protein kinase C-epsilon increase in dorsal root ganglion neurons and spinal glial activation in an adolescent rat model of painful neck injuryChristine L Weisshaar
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neurotrauma 27:2261-71. 2010..These results suggest that adolescents may have a lower tissue tolerance to induce pain and associated nociceptive response than do adults...
- Superparamagnetic iron oxide-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of neuroinflammation in a rat model of radicular painDaniel L J Thorek
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Imaging 10:206-14. 2011..These findings suggest that SPIO-enhanced MRI may be a valuable tool to identify otherwise undetectable nerve root compression and enable improved patient management...
- Contact pressure in the facet joint during sagittal bending of the cadaveric cervical spineNicolas V Jaumard
J Biomech Eng 133:071004. 2011..This study shows that cervical facet contact pressure can be directly measured with minimal disruption to the joint and is the first to provide local pressure values for the cervical joint in a cadaveric model...
- Cytokine mRNA expression in painful radiculopathySarah M Rothman
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6321, USA
J Pain 10:90-9. 2009..Studies describe a role for TNF-alpha in mediating behavioral sensitivity and inflammatory cytokines in transient painful radiculopathy. Results outline an early response of inflammatory cytokine upregulation in cervical pain...
- Facet joint contact pressure is not significantly affected by ProDisc cervical disc arthroplasty in sagittal bending: a single-level cadaveric studyJoel A Bauman
Department of Neurosurgery, 3 Silverstein Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Spine J 12:949-59. 2012..However, the effects of disc arthroplasty on facet joint biomechanics remain undefined despite the critical role of these posterior elements on guiding and limiting spinal motion...