Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Healthcare costs and utilization for Medicare beneficiaries with Alzheimer'sYang Zhao
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 8:108. 2008..This study uses a US administrative claims database to evaluate the effect of AD on direct healthcare costs and utilization, and to identify the most common reasons for AD patients' emergency room (ER) visits and inpatient admissions...
- Case selection for a Medicaid chronic care management programSharada Weir
Center for Health Policy and Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Shrewsbury, MA 01545, USA
Health Care Financ Rev 30:61-74. 2008..We find that the ACG-PM model performs best. However, for predicting the very highest-cost members (e.g, the 99th percentile), the DCG model is preferred...
- One-year treatment costs of trauma care in the USASharada Weir
University of Massachusetts Medical School, 333 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545, USA
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 10:187-97. 2010..On average, 58% of cost was accounted for by the index hospitalization. Total 1-year treatment cost of adult major trauma in the USA was conservatively estimated to be US$27 billion annually (2005)...
- Effects of paediatric limb loss on healthcare utilisation, schooling and parental labour supplySharada Weir
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Shrewsbury, MA, USA
Disabil Rehabil 32:2046-55. 2010..To explore the impact of childhood limb loss on families in terms of healthcare utilisation, schooling and parental labour supply...
- Predictors of prenatal and postpartum care adequacy in a medicaid managed care populationSharada Weir
Center for Health Policy and Research, Commonwealth Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, USA
Womens Health Issues 21:277-85. 2011..To examine factors affecting prenatal and postpartum care for an insured, but vulnerable, population...
- Beyond health plans: behavioral health disorders and quality of diabetes and asthma care for Medicaid beneficiariesRobin E Clark
Center for Health Policy and Research, Commonwealth Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 333 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545, USA
Med Care 47:545-52. 2009..We analyzed individual-level HEDIS measures for diabetes and asthma from 5 Medicaid managed care plans to understand how these factors contribute to quality...