Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Axon fasciculation defects and retinal dysplasias in mice lacking the immunoglobulin superfamily adhesion molecule BEN/ALCAM/SC1Joshua A Weiner
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 27:59-69. 2004..Together, these results demonstrate that BEN promotes fasciculation of multiple axonal populations and uncover an unexpected function for BEN in retinal histogenesis...
- ALCAM regulates motility, invasiveness, and adherens junction formation in uveal melanoma cellsKarry M Jannie
Department of Biology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e39330. 2012....
- Direct and Indirect Regulation of Spinal Cord Ia Afferent Terminal Formation by the γ-ProtocadherinsTuhina Prasad
Department of Biology, The University of Iowa Iowa City, IA, USA
Front Mol Neurosci 4:54. 2011....
- Essential role for ALCAM gene silencing in megakaryocytic differentiation of K562 cellsFang Tan
Department of Pediatrics, AFLAC Cancer Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
BMC Mol Biol 11:91. 2010..Activated leukocyte cell adhesion molecule (ALCAM/CD166) is expressed by hematopoietic stem cells. However, its role in hematopoietic differentiation has not previously been defined...
- Sidekicks: synaptic adhesion molecules that promote lamina-specific connectivity in the retinaMasahito Yamagata
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, School of Medicine, Washington University, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cell 110:649-60. 2002..Ectopic expression of Sdk in Sdk-negative cells redirects their processes to a Sdk-positive sublamina. These results implicate Sdks as determinants of lamina-specific synaptic connectivity...
- Phr1 regulates retinogeniculate targeting independent of activity and ephrin-A signallingSusan M Culican
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 41:304-12. 2009..These findings indicate that Phr1 is a key presynaptic regulator of retinogeniculate layer placement independent of activity, segregation, or ephrin-A signaling...
- Labeled lines in the retinotectal system: markers for retinorecipient sublaminae and the retinal ganglion cell subsets that innervate themMasahito Yamagata
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 33:296-310. 2006..Our results define laminar-specified circuits from retina to brain and support a model in which RGCs transmit information from multiple sources to single central laminae, where it can be integrated...
- Molecular control of spinal accessory motor neuron/axon development in the mouse spinal cordAllison K Dillon
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 25:10119-30. 2005..Furthermore, in the absence of the transcription factor Nkx2.9, SACMN axons fail to exit the CNS. Together, these findings suggest molecular mechanisms that are likely to regulate key steps in SACMN development...
- Gamma protocadherins are required for survival of spinal interneuronsXiaozhong Wang
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuron 36:843-54. 2002..In cultures from mutant spinal cord, neurons differentiate and form synapses but then die. Thus, Pcdh-gamma genes are dispensable for at least some aspects of connectivity but required for survival of specific neuronal types...
- Lysophosphatidic acid influences the morphology and motility of young, postmitotic cortical neuronsNobuyuki Fukushima
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0636, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 20:271-82. 2002..Taken together, these results implicate LPA as an extracellular lipid signal affecting process outgrowth and migration of early postmitotic neurons during development...