Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Urokinase receptors are required for alpha 5 beta 1 integrin-mediated signaling in tumor cellsYing Wei
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0111, USA
J Biol Chem 282:3929-39. 2007..Thus urokinase receptor binding to alpha5beta1 is required for maximal responses to fibronectin and tumor cell invasion, and this operates through an enhanced Src/Rac/ERK signaling pathway...
- Regulation of alpha5beta1 integrin conformation and function by urokinase receptor bindingYing Wei
Department of Medicine and Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 168:501-11. 2005..Direct binding and regulation of alpha5beta1 by uPAR implies a modified "bent" integrin conformation can function in an alternative activation state with this and possibly other cis-acting membrane ligands...
- Axin pathway activity regulates in vivo pY654-β-catenin accumulation and pulmonary fibrosisArnau Ulsamer
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 287:5164-72. 2012....
- Signaling through urokinase and urokinase receptor in lung cancer cells requires interactions with beta1 integrinsChi Hui Tang
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Sci 121:3747-56. 2008..Taken together, the results indicate that uPAR-beta1-integrin interactions are essential to signals induced by integrin matrix ligands or uPA that support lung cancer cell invasion in vitro and progression in vivo...
- Epithelial cell alpha3beta1 integrin links beta-catenin and Smad signaling to promote myofibroblast formation and pulmonary fibrosisKevin K Kim
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, and Cardiovascular Research Institute, UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Clin Invest 119:213-24. 2009..These findings demonstrate epithelial integrin-dependent profibrotic crosstalk between beta-catenin and Smad signaling and support the hypothesis that EMT is an important contributor to pathologic fibrosis...
- Integrin alpha3beta1-dependent beta-catenin phosphorylation links epithelial Smad signaling to cell contactsYoung Kim
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 184:309-22. 2009..These findings demonstrate that alpha3beta1 coordinates cross talk between beta-catenin and Smad signaling pathways as a function of extracellular contact cues and thereby regulates responses to TGF-beta1 activation...
- Integrin α6β4 identifies an adult distal lung epithelial population with regenerative potential in miceHarold A Chapman
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, and Lung Biology Center, UCSF, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2855-62. 2011....
- Distinct ligand binding sites in integrin alpha3beta1 regulate matrix adhesion and cell-cell contactFeng Zhang
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143-0130, USA
J Cell Biol 163:177-88. 2003..These studies reveal an integrin- and Src-dependent pathway for SLUG expression and mesenchymal transition...
- Antagonistic anti-urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) antibodies significantly inhibit uPAR-mediated cellular signaling and migrationSai Duriseti
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158 2517, USA
J Biol Chem 285:26878-88. 2010..Our results indicate that these antagonistic antibodies have potential for the detection and treatment of uPAR-expressing tumors...
- Urokinase receptor and integrin interactionsMatthias C Kugler
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, and CVRI University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Curr Pharm Des 9:1565-74. 2003..Together these observations support the idea that uPAR:integrin interactions may be a focal point of intervention in pathobiology where integrin function is crucial, such as tumor metastasis...
- Suppression of tumor invasion and metastasis by concurrent inhibition of c-Met and VEGF signaling in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsBarbara Sennino
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Cancer Discov 2:270-87. 2012..The results show that simultaneous inhibition of c-Met and VEGF signaling not only slows tumor growth but also reduces invasion and metastasis...
- Functional relevance of urinary-type plasminogen activator receptor-alpha3beta1 integrin association in proteinase regulatory pathwaysSupurna Ghosh
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 281:13021-9. 2006....
- Identification of functional subclasses in the DJ-1 superfamily proteinsYing Wei
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 3:e10. 2007..The computational prediction of the functional sites for protein structures of unknown function provides valuable clues for functional classification...
- Active site prediction for comparative model structures with thematicsIhsan A Shehadi
Department of Chemistry, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
J Bioinform Comput Biol 3:127-43. 2005..With a few exceptions, the predicted active sites in the comparative model structures are similar to that of the corresponding template structure...
- Identification of residues in DmsD for twin-arginine leader peptide binding, defined through random and bioinformatics-directed mutagenesisCatherine S Chan
Department of Biological Sciences, 2500 University Drive Northwest, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
Biochemistry 47:2749-59. 2008..Our results illustrate the positions of important DmsD residues involved in binding the DmsA leader peptide and identify a "hot pocket" of residues important for leader binding on the structure of DmsD...