George L Wehby
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- DeRoo L, Wilcox A, Lie R, Romitti P, Pedersen D, Munger R, et al. Maternal alcohol binge-drinking in the first trimester and the risk of orofacial clefts in offspring: a large population-based pooling study. Eur J Epidemiol. 2016;31:1021-1034 pubmed..Repeated heavy maternal alcohol consumption was associated with an increased risk of cleft lip only in offspring. There was little evidence of increased risk for other cleft types or alcohol measures. ..
- Wehby G, Giménez L, Lopez Camelo J. The impact of unemployment cycles on child and maternal health in Argentina. Int J Public Health. 2017;62:197-207 pubmed publisher..Unemployment rise in Argentina has adversely affected certain infant and maternal health outcomes, but several measures show no evidence of significant change. ..
- Gallagher E, Collett B, Barron S, Romitti P, Ansley T, Wehby G. Laterality of Oral Clefts and Academic Achievement. Pediatrics. 2017;139: pubmed publisher..Children with left-sided clefts had poorer academic performance than their classmates or children with right-sided clefts, who showed similar academic achievement compared with their unaffected classmates. ..
- Wehby G, Uribe L, Wilcox A, Christensen K, Romitti P, Munger R, et al. Interaction between smoking and body mass index and risk of oral clefts. Ann Epidemiol. 2017;27:103-107.e2 pubmed publisher..BMI was not protective for the effects of smoking; a clinically relevant increase in smoking-related cleft risk was still present among heavier women. ..
- Wehby G, Pedersen D, Murray J, Christensen K. The effects of oral clefts on hospital use throughout the lifespan. BMC Health Serv Res. 2012;12:58 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that individuals with oral clefts have higher hospitalization risks than the general population throughout most of the lifespan. ..
- Wehby G, LÃ³pez Camelo J. Maternal Education Gradients in Infant Health in Four South American Countries. Matern Child Health J. 2017;21:2122-2131 pubmed publisher..However, the positive association between maternal education and use of prenatal services and technology is more consistent across examined countries. ..
- Wehby G, McCarthy A. Economic gradients in early child neurodevelopment: a multi-country study. Soc Sci Med. 2013;78:86-95 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, wealth gradients in child neurodevelopment appear to be dynamic rather than fixed and sensitive to population characteristics that modify their intensity. ..