Michelle T Weckmann
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Risk factors for delirium in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantationMichelle T Weckmann
Department of Family Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 24:204-14. 2012..Early recognition and treatment have been shown to improve long-term outcomes. We sought to investigate the relationship between potential risk factors and the development of delirium following HSCT...
- The role of the family physician in the referral and management of hospice patientsMichelle T Weckmann
Department of Psychiatry and Family Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City 52242, USA
Am Fam Physician 77:807-12. 2008..Hospice, in turn, is a valuable physician resource when it comes to medication dosages, symptom management, and communication with patients and their families...
- Strategies for finding and negotiating a first position in hospice and palliative medicineMichelle T Weckmann
Department of Family Medicine Psychiatry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Palliat Med 13:1141-7. 2010..The article focuses on securing an academic position; however, much of the advice is generalizable to a private-sector position. A short case example will be used to illustrate key points...
- Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in adult cancer patients with deliriumJeffrey R Yager
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
Psychiatry Res 191:128-32. 2011..Further research is needed to separate the choline peaks, as well as more detailed collection of medication regimens to determine whether a higher choline concentration is a function of the delirium process or cancer treatment effects...
- The neuropsychological course of acute delirium in adult hematopoietic stem cell transplantation patientsLeigh J Beglinger
Department of Psychiatry, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, 52242 1000, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 26:98-109. 2011....