Affiliation: University of Washington
- Improved clinical and laboratory skills after team-based, malaria case management training of health care professionals in UgandaAllen Namagembe
Department of Global Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Malar J 11:44. 2012..The Integrated Management of Malaria curriculum was developed to train multi-disciplinary teams of clinical, laboratory and health information assistants...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of integrated care for people with HIV, chronic mental illness and substance abuse disordersMarcia R Weaver
Department of Health Services and International Training and Education Center on Health, University of Washington, 901 Boren, Suite 1100, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 12:33-46. 2009..This vulnerable population has substantial gaps in their care, attributable in part to the need for treatment for three illnesses from three types of providers...
- Routine HIV testing in the context of syndromic management of sexually transmitted infections: outcomes of the first phase of a training programme in BotswanaM R Weaver
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, 901 Boren, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Sex Transm Infect 84:259-64. 2008....
- Utilization of mental health and substance abuse care for people living with HIV/AIDS, chronic mental illness, and substance abuse disordersMarcia R Weaver
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:449-58. 2008....
- Measuring the outcomes of a comprehensive HIV care course: pilot test at the Infectious Diseases Institute, Kampala, UgandaMarcia R Weaver
Department of Health Services and International Training and Education Center on HIV, I TECH, University of Washington, Seattle, 98104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:293-303. 2006..Institute's 4-week course for African doctors on comprehensive management of HIV including antiretroviral therapy on four outcomes: (1) clinical skills, (2) clinical activities, (3) monitoring of HIV patients, and (4) training activities..
- Economies of scale and scope in Vietnamese hospitalsMarcia Weaver
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, 901 Boren Avenue, Suite 1100, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Soc Sci Med 59:199-208. 2004..Economies of scale and scope depended on the category of the hospital in addition to the number of beds and volume of output...
- Cost-effectiveness of combined outreach for the pneumococcal and influenza vaccinesM Weaver
Arch Intern Med 161:111-20. 2001..We conducted a cost-effectiveness analysis as part of a randomized, controlled trial of a community-based outreach initiative to promote the pneumococcal and influenza vaccines for people aged 65 years or older...
- Knowledge and opinions about organ donation among urban high school students: pilot test of a health education programM Weaver
the Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Clin Transplant 14:292-303. 2000..We report on the results of a pilot classroom health education program to improve knowledge about organ donation and transplantation among a diverse student body at an urban high school...
- NF1 microdeletion breakpoints are clustered at flanking repetitive sequencesM O Dorschner
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Medical Genetics Box 357720, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Hum Mol Genet 9:35-46. 2000..Therefore, in addition to the germline rearrangements reported here, NF1REP-mediated somatic recombination could be an important mechanism for the loss of heterozygosity at NF1 in tumors of NF1 patients...
- Cyclic ichthyosis with epidermolytic hyperkeratosis: A phenotype conferred by mutations in the 2B domain of keratin K1V P Sybert
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Children s Hospital and Medical Center, Division of Dermatology, CH 25, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, P O Box 5371, Seattle, WA 98105, USA Julie S
Am J Hum Genet 64:732-8. 1999..These findings reveal that a clinical phenotype distinct from classic BCIE but with similar histology can result from K1 mutations and that mutations at this codon give rise to a clinically unique condition...
- Evidence that juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia can arise from a pluripotential stem cellL J Cooper
Departments of Pediatrics, Medicine, and Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, and Hematologics, Inc, Seattle WA, USA
Blood 96:2310-3. 2000..These data support the hypothesis that JMML can arise in a pluripotent hematopoietic cell...