Kevin J Weatherwax
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Evaluation of sham non-invasive ventilation for randomized, controlled trials in ALSKirsten L Gruis
University of Michigan Health System, Department of Neurology, 1324 Taubman Center, 032221 500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 7:96-9. 2006..Thus, sub-therapeutic (sham) continuous positive airway pressure is a promising placebo control for NIV trials in ALS...
- Obstructive sleep apnea in epilepsy patients: the Sleep Apnea scale of the Sleep Disorders Questionnaire (SA-SDQ) is a useful screening instrument for obstructive sleep apnea in a disease-specific populationKevin J Weatherwax
Michael S Aldrich Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical Center, University Hospital, 8D 8702, Box 0117, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0117, USA
Sleep Med 4:517-21. 2003..To determine useful cutoffs on the Sleep Apnea scale of the Sleep Disorders Questionnaire (SA-SDQ) in an epilepsy population...
- Sleep staging and respiratory events in refractory epilepsy patients: Is there a first night effect?Linda M Selwa
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0117, USA
Epilepsia 49:2063-8. 2008..We performed this analysis of possible first night effects (FNEs) on sleep and respiratory parameters in order to evaluate the need for two serial night polysomnograms (PSGs) to diagnose obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in epilepsy patients...
- Identification and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea in adults and children with epilepsy: a prospective pilot studyBeth A Malow
Michael S Aldrich Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Sleep Med 4:509-15. 2003....
- Correlates of daytime sleepiness in patients with asthmaMihaela Teodorescu
Sleep Disorders Center and Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0117, USA
Sleep Med 7:607-13. 2006..Patients with asthma often complain of daytime sleepiness, which is usually attributed to a direct effect of asthma on nocturnal sleep quality. We investigated this and other potential explanations for daytime sleepiness among asthmatics...