JAMES GAIER WAXMONSKY
Affiliation: University at Buffalo
- Assessment and treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children with comorbid psychiatric illnessJames Waxmonsky
State University of New York at Buffalo, Department of Psychiatry, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 15:476-82. 2003..This review will summarize the recent findings from the psychiatric literature in an attempt to provide the clinician with some initial diagnostic and treatment guidelines for ADHD and its comorbidities...
- Pharmacotherapy of adolescent substance use disorders: a review of the literatureJames G Waxmonsky
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:810-25. 2005..The role of pharmacotherapy for adolescents with SUD is not well delineated. We systematically reviewed existing pharmacotherapy studies of adolescent SUD...
- Association of depressive symptoms and disease activity in children with asthma: methodological and clinical implicationsJames Waxmonsky
Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14222, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:945-54. 2006..This study was designed to assess the prevalence of depressive symptoms in children with asthma and the association between depression and asthma activity...
- The efficacy and tolerability of methylphenidate and behavior modification in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and severe mood dysregulationJames Waxmonsky
Department of Psychiatry, School and Educations Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 18:573-88. 2008..This study examines the tolerability and efficacy of methylphenidate (MPH) and behavior modification therapy (BMOD) in children with attention-deficity/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and severe mood dysregulation (SMD)...
- Effects of atomoxetine with and without behavior therapy on the school and home functioning of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJames G Waxmonsky
University of Buffalo Center for Children and Families, 106 Diefendorf Hall, 3435 Main St, Bldg 20, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:1535-51. 2010..However, there is little research examining the effects of combining atomoxetine and behavior therapy...
- Nonstimulant therapies for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adultsJames G Waxmonsky
Psychiatry, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
Essent Psychopharmacol 6:262-76. 2005..However, more controlled data on the safety and efficacy of combining pharmacological therapies are needed...
- A Novel Approach to Stimulant-Induced Weight Suppression and its Impact on GrowthJAMES GAIER WAXMONSKY; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, it will enhance the understanding of growth abnormalities associated with ADHD vs. those secondary to persistent use of extended release stimulants as well as the mechanisms behind stimulant induced growth suppression. ..