JAMES GAIER WAXMONSKY
Affiliation: University at Buffalo
- Assessment and treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children with comorbid psychiatric illnessJames Waxmonsky
State University of New York at Buffalo, Department of Psychiatry, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 15:476-82. 2003..This review will summarize the recent findings from the psychiatric literature in an attempt to provide the clinician with some initial diagnostic and treatment guidelines for ADHD and its comorbidities...
- Pharmacotherapy of adolescent substance use disorders: a review of the literatureJames G Waxmonsky
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:810-25. 2005..The role of pharmacotherapy for adolescents with SUD is not well delineated. We systematically reviewed existing pharmacotherapy studies of adolescent SUD...
- Association of depressive symptoms and disease activity in children with asthma: methodological and clinical implicationsJames Waxmonsky
Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14222, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:945-54. 2006..This study was designed to assess the prevalence of depressive symptoms in children with asthma and the association between depression and asthma activity...
- The efficacy and tolerability of methylphenidate and behavior modification in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and severe mood dysregulationJames Waxmonsky
Department of Psychiatry, School and Educations Psychology, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 18:573-88. 2008..This study examines the tolerability and efficacy of methylphenidate (MPH) and behavior modification therapy (BMOD) in children with attention-deficity/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and severe mood dysregulation (SMD)...
- Effects of atomoxetine with and without behavior therapy on the school and home functioning of children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderJames G Waxmonsky
University of Buffalo Center for Children and Families, 106 Diefendorf Hall, 3435 Main St, Bldg 20, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:1535-51. 2010..However, there is little research examining the effects of combining atomoxetine and behavior therapy...
- Nonstimulant therapies for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adultsJames G Waxmonsky
Psychiatry, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
Essent Psychopharmacol 6:262-76. 2005..However, more controlled data on the safety and efficacy of combining pharmacological therapies are needed...