Sharon M Wasco
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Conceptualizing the harm done by rape: applications of trauma theory to experiences of sexual assaultSharon M Wasco
University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 West Harrison Street M C 285, Chicago, IL 60607 7134, USA
Trauma Violence Abuse 4:309-22. 2003..Using the rape of women as an example, this article illustrates the limitations of Western views of trauma and encourages researchers and practitioners to expand notions of survivors' responses to painful events...
- A multiple case study of rape victim advocates' self-care routines: the influence of organizational contextSharon M Wasco
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607 7137, USA
Am J Community Psychol 30:731-60. 2002..Implications of these findings are discussed...
- A statewide evaluation of services provided to rape survivorsSharon M Wasco
University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607 7134, USA
J Interpers Violence 19:252-63. 2004..Implications for future evaluation research and policy are noted...
- Organizational characteristics of Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner programs: results from the national survey projectRebecca Campbell
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA
J Forensic Nurs 1:57-64, 88. 2005..Programs that had been in operation 5 years or less at the time of this study are compared to older programs to examine trends...
- Responding to sexual assault victims' medical and emotional needs: a national study of the services provided by SANE programsRebecca Campbell
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Res Nurs Health 29:384-98. 2006..g., STI cultures, HIV testing/prophylaxis, emergency contraception (EC)) included financial constraints, difficulties balancing medical care with legal prosecution, and affiliations with Catholic hospitals...
- Doing community research without a community: creating safe space for rape survivorsRebecca Campbell
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824 1117, USA
Am J Community Psychol 33:253-61. 2004..Our experiences in this project suggest that allowing values to influence the process of research may have beneficial outcomes for both researchers and participants...
- Understanding rape and sexual assault: 20 years of progress and future directionsRebecca Campbell
Michigan State University, USA
J Interpers Violence 20:127-31. 2005..Future research and advocacy should focus on improving the community response to rape and the prevention of sexual assault...
- Sexual assault nurse examiners' experiences providing expert witness court testimonyRebecca Campbell
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
J Forensic Nurs 3:7-14. 2007..Challenges they faced while testifying are explored in depth and implications for forensic nursing practice are discussed...