Lynn A Warner
Affiliation: University at Albany
- Childhood maltreatment among Hispanic women in the United States: an examination of subgroup differences and impact on psychiatric disorderLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, University at Albany, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Child Maltreat 17:119-31. 2012..Implications for culturally relevant prevention and intervention approaches are presented...
- Hispanic drug abuse in an evolving cultural context: an agenda for researchLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, University at Albany, State University of New York, 135 Western Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 84:S8-16. 2006..e., family and peer group), and community level influences on drug use, and offers a systematic agenda for future research...
- Medical problems among adolescents in U.S. mental health services: relationship to functional impairmentLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 33:366-79. 2006..The results underscore the need for adolescent behavioral health research and practice to attend to multiple influences on functioning...
- Initiation and change of psychotropic medication regimens among adolescents in inpatient careLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, University at Albany SUNY, 135 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:701-12. 2007....
- Alcohol initiation experiences and family history of alcoholism as predictors of problem-drinking trajectoriesLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, Richardson Hall, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York 12222, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:56-65. 2007....
- Remission from drug dependence symptoms and drug use cessation among women drug users in puerto ricoLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:1034-41. 2004..Little is known about remission patterns among drug users in the community...
- Low-income women's use of substance abuse and mental health servicesDaniel Rosen
School of Social Work, University of Pittsburgh, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 15:206-19. 2004..The authors argue that the success of welfare reform may hinge on low-income women's access to and utilization of appropriate services...
- Substance abuse treatment readmission patterns of Asian Americans: comparisons with other ethnic groupsJiang Yu
New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, Albany, NY, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 39:23-7. 2013..Objectives: The present study further compares alcohol and substance abuse service utilization patterns of Asians with those of Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics in New York State...
- Use of psychotropic medications by youths with psychiatric diagnoses in the U.S. mental health systemLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, 536 George Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:309-11. 2004..Future research on best practices may be most effective if the role of medication in the treatment of single and co-occurring disorders among youths is evaluated...
- Longitudinal effects of age at onset and first drinking situations on problem drinkingLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Subst Use Misuse 38:1983-2016. 2003..In particular, further research focusing on the subjective effects experienced by youth when they first drink may be merited...
- Clinical characteristics and outpatient mental health service use of transition-age youth in the USAKathleen J Pottick
School of Social Work and Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 112 Paterson Street, New Brunswick, NJ, 08901, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 41:230-43. 2014..Implications are discussed regarding access to and adequacy of services provided for young people in the critical transition to adulthood, especially with the implementation of the 2010 Affordable Care Act. ..
- Service utilization of Asians and other racial-ethnic groups: comparisons in a state substance abuse treatment systemJiang Yu
1New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, Albany, New York, USA
Subst Use Misuse 49:205-10. 2014..However, most of the significant differences between Asians and other groups are found among clients with a first admission, and tended to attenuate among clients with a second or third admission. ..
- Ante- and postpartum substance abuse treatment and antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected women on MedicaidLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
J Am Med Womens Assoc 58:143-53. 2003..To examine temporal associations between obstetrics/gynecology (ob/gyn) care, substance abuse treatment (SAT), and antiretroviral therapy (ART) during and after pregnancy among HIV-infected women on Medicaid...
- Prevalence and age of onset for drug use in seven international sites: results from the international consortium of psychiatric epidemiologyWilliam A Vega
Institute for Quality, Research, and Training, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School UMDNJ, 335 George Street, 3rd Floor, Liberty Plaza, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 68:285-97. 2002..Methodological limitations of the study along with recommendations for future international comparative research are discussed...
- Youths living away from families in the US mental health system: opportunities for targeted interventionKathleen J Pottick
School of Social Work and Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, 30 College Ave, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 32:264-81. 2005..Targeting resources to enhance the availability and therapeutic capacity of foster care may facilitate community living, and decrease time spent in institutional settings...