Lynn A Warner
Affiliation: University at Albany
- Childhood maltreatment among Hispanic women in the United States: an examination of subgroup differences and impact on psychiatric disorderLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, University at Albany, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Child Maltreat 17:119-31. 2012..Implications for culturally relevant prevention and intervention approaches are presented...
- Hispanic drug abuse in an evolving cultural context: an agenda for researchLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, University at Albany, State University of New York, 135 Western Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 84:S8-16. 2006..e., family and peer group), and community level influences on drug use, and offers a systematic agenda for future research...
- Medical problems among adolescents in U.S. mental health services: relationship to functional impairmentLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 33:366-79. 2006..The results underscore the need for adolescent behavioral health research and practice to attend to multiple influences on functioning...
- Initiation and change of psychotropic medication regimens among adolescents in inpatient careLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, University at Albany SUNY, 135 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 17:701-12. 2007....
- Alcohol initiation experiences and family history of alcoholism as predictors of problem-drinking trajectoriesLynn A Warner
School of Social Welfare, Richardson Hall, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York 12222, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 68:56-65. 2007....
- Remission from drug dependence symptoms and drug use cessation among women drug users in puerto ricoLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:1034-41. 2004..Little is known about remission patterns among drug users in the community...
- Low-income women's use of substance abuse and mental health servicesDaniel Rosen
School of Social Work, University of Pittsburgh, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 15:206-19. 2004..The authors argue that the success of welfare reform may hinge on low-income women's access to and utilization of appropriate services...
- Substance abuse treatment readmission patterns of Asian Americans: comparisons with other ethnic groupsJiang Yu
New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, Albany, NY, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 39:23-7. 2013..Objectives: The present study further compares alcohol and substance abuse service utilization patterns of Asians with those of Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics in New York State...
- Use of psychotropic medications by youths with psychiatric diagnoses in the U.S. mental health systemLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, 536 George Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:309-11. 2004..Future research on best practices may be most effective if the role of medication in the treatment of single and co-occurring disorders among youths is evaluated...
- Longitudinal effects of age at onset and first drinking situations on problem drinkingLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Subst Use Misuse 38:1983-2016. 2003..In particular, further research focusing on the subjective effects experienced by youth when they first drink may be merited...
- Service utilization of asians and other racial-ethnic groups: comparisons in a state substance abuse treatment systemJiang Yu
1New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services, Albany, New York, USA
Subst Use Misuse 49:205-10. 2014..However, most of the significant differences between Asians and other groups are found among clients with a first admission, and tended to attenuate among clients with a second or third admission. ..
- Ante- and postpartum substance abuse treatment and antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected women on MedicaidLynn A Warner
School of Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
J Am Med Womens Assoc 58:143-53. 2003..To examine temporal associations between obstetrics/gynecology (ob/gyn) care, substance abuse treatment (SAT), and antiretroviral therapy (ART) during and after pregnancy among HIV-infected women on Medicaid...
- Prevalence and age of onset for drug use in seven international sites: results from the international consortium of psychiatric epidemiologyWilliam A Vega
Institute for Quality, Research, and Training, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School UMDNJ, 335 George Street, 3rd Floor, Liberty Plaza, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 68:285-97. 2002..Methodological limitations of the study along with recommendations for future international comparative research are discussed...
- Youths living away from families in the US mental health system: opportunities for targeted interventionKathleen J Pottick
School of Social Work and Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research, Rutgers University, 30 College Ave, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 32:264-81. 2005..Targeting resources to enhance the availability and therapeutic capacity of foster care may facilitate community living, and decrease time spent in institutional settings...