J P Wares
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Patterns of speciation inferred from mitochondrial DNA in North American Chthamalus (Cirripedia: Balanomorpha: Chthamaloidea)J P Wares
Department of Zoology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 18:104-16. 2001....
- Biogeography of Asterias: North Atlantic climate change and speciationJ P Wares
Duke University Zoology, Box 90325, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Biol Bull 201:95-103. 2001..forbesi was then possible in isolation from the European species A. rubens. The contact zone between these two species formed recently, possibly due to a Holocene founding event of A. rubens in New England and the Canadian Maritimes...
- Phylogeography and historical ecology of the North Atlantic intertidalJ P Wares
Duke University, Department of Biology, Durham, North Carolina 27708 0325, USA
Evolution 55:2455-69. 2001..However, the patterns of persistence in North America indicate that other life-history traits, including mech anisms of dispersal, may be more important for surviving dramatic environmental and climatic change...
- A comparative study of asymmetric migration events across a marine biogeographic boundaryJ P Wares
Zoology Department, Duke University, North Carolina 27708, USA
Evolution 55:295-306. 2001..In data from a fourth species with nondispersing larvae (Nucella emarginata, Marko 1998), our method suggests that ocean currents have not played a role in generating genetic structure...
- Community genetics in the Northwestern Atlantic intertidalJ P Wares
Department of Biology, University of New Mexico, Castetter Hall, Albuquerque, NM 87131 1091, USA
Mol Ecol 11:1131-44. 2002....