Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Dysfunctional platelet membrane receptors: from humans to miceJerry Ware
The Room Research Center for Arteriosclerosis and Thrombosis, Division of Experimental Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
Thromb Haemost 92:478-85. 2004..Concluding remarks focus on the importance of understanding the power and limitations of various in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo models currently being used and the impact of the mouse strain on the described platelet phenotype...
- A comparison of washed and volume-reduced platelets with respect to platelet activation, aggregation, and plasma protein removalMuthu Veeraputhiran
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Transfusion 51:1030-6. 2011..Washed or volume-reduced platelets (PLTs) are occasionally requested for patients with a history of allergic or anaphylactic transfusion reactions. However, conclusive data are not available as to which method is more suitable...
- The Modifier of hemostasis (Mh) locus on chromosome 4 controls in vivo hemostasis of Gp6-/- miceYann Cheli
Roon Research Center for Arteriosclerosis and Thrombosis, Division of Experimental Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Blood 111:1266-73. 2008..9, P < .0001) that we designate Modifier of hemostasis (Mh). Our results indicate that one or more modifier genes in Mh control the extent to which in vivo platelet thrombus formation is disrupted by the absence of platelet GPVI...
- The contribution of glycoprotein VI to stable platelet adhesion and thrombus formation illustrated by targeted gene deletionKazunobu Kato
Roon Research Center for Arteriosclerosis and Thrombosis, Division of Experimental Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
Blood 102:1701-7. 2003..These results illustrate the role of GP VI in postadhesion events leading to the development of platelet thrombi on collagen fibrils...
- Absence of GPIbalpha is responsible for aberrant membrane development during megakaryocyte maturation: ultrastructural study using a transgenic modelChristel Poujol
UMR 5533 CNRS, Laboratoire d Hematologie, Hopital Cardiologique, Avenue de Magellan, 33604 Pessac, France
Exp Hematol 30:352-60. 2002..To study how giant platelets are produced in vivo, we used a model of GPIbalpha-deficient mice (GPIbalpha(null)) and mice rescued with the human GPIbalpha transgene (GPIbalpha(null;hTg))...
- Mammalian septin function in hemostasis and beyondConstantino Martinez
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 229:1111-9. 2004..The mouse platelet provides an experimental framework to define septin function in hemostasis, with implications for neurobiology and beyond...
- The role of platelet adhesion receptor GPIbalpha far exceeds that of its main ligand, von Willebrand factor, in arterial thrombosisWolfgang Bergmeier
CBR Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16900-5. 2006..Thus, GPIbalpha contributes to arterial thrombosis by important adhesion mechanisms independent of the binding to VWF...
- GPVI potentiation of platelet activation by thrombin and adhesion molecules independent of Src kinases and SykSascha C Hughan
Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:422-9. 2007..The present study investigates the role of Src and Syk tyrosine kinases in signaling by G-protein coupled and platelet adhesion receptors...
- Metalloproteinase regulation improves in vitro generation of efficacious platelets from mouse embryonic stem cellsHidekazu Nishikii
Division of Stem Cell Therapy, Center for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Exp Med 205:1917-27. 2008..Thus, the regulation of metalloproteinases in culture could be useful for obtaining high-quality, efficacious ESPs as an alternative platelet source for transfusions...
- Characterization and Analysis of Platelet SeptinsJerry Ware; Fiscal Year: 2005..A platelet model to examine septin function exploits the fundamental importance of secretion for the platelet response at sites of vascular injury. ..
- TRANSGENIC ANALYSIS OF PLATELET RECEPTOR EXPRESSIONJerry Ware; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSGENIC ANALYSIS OF PLATELET RECEPTOR EXPRESSIONJerry Ware; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSGENIC ANALYSIS OF PLATELET RECEPTOR EXPRESSIONJerry Ware; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will generate basic information that can be applied to therapeutic strategies for pathological conditions affecting megakaryocytopoiesis and platelet production. ..
- TRANSGENIC ANALYSIS OF PLATELET RECEPTOR EXPRESSIONJerry Ware; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSGENIC ANALYSIS OF PLATELET RECEPTOR EXPRESSIONJerry Ware; Fiscal Year: 2010..An understanding of how platelets function in the process will lead to better therapeutic strategies and improved health in the U.S. ..