R M Ward
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Single-dose, multiple-dose, and population pharmacokinetics of pantoprazole in neonates and preterm infants with a clinical diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)Robert M Ward
Pediatric Pharmacology Program, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, 417 Wakara, Suite 3510, Salt Lake, UT, 84108, USA
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 66:555-61. 2010..The pharmacokinetic profile of pantoprazole granules was assessed in neonates and preterm infants with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in a multicenter, randomized, open-label trial...
- Proton pump inhibitors in pediatrics : mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, pharmacogenetics, and pharmacodynamicsRobert M Ward
Neonatology, University of Utah, 295 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Paediatr Drugs 15:119-31. 2013..Prolonged treatment of pediatric patients with PPIs has not caused cancer or significant abnormalities...
- A multicenter, randomized, open-label, pharmacokinetics and safety study of pantoprazole tablets in children and adolescents aged 6 through 16 years with gastroesophageal reflux diseaseRobert M Ward
University of Utah Pediatric Pharmacology Research Unit, 417 Wakara, Suite 3510, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 51:876-87. 2011..In children aged 6 to 16 years with GERD, currently available pantoprazole delayed-release tablets can be used to provide systemic exposure similar to that in adults...
- Clinical trials in neonates: a therapeutic imperativeR M Ward
Pediatric Pharmacology Program, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 86:585-7. 2009..By 2009, more than 300 labeling changes improved pediatric prescribing information, but newborns were seldom included...
- Criteria supporting the study of drugs in the newbornRobert M Ward
Department of Pediatrics and the Pediatric Pharmacology Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Clin Ther 28:1385-98. 2006..Only one fourth to one third of approved drugs have received adequate pediatric study to permit labeling for treatment of all appropriate pediatric populations...
- Basic and translational research in neonatal pharmacologyR M Ward
Pediatric Pharmacology Program, University of Utah Department of Pediatrics, Salt Lake City, 84108, USA
J Perinatol 26:S8-S12. 2006..To complement this, the NIH could modify its grant reporting process to identify co-investigators in studies who may provide unique input to the study concepts and design, such as clinical correlations or clinical investigations...
- Drug disposition in the late preterm ("near-term") newbornRobert M Ward
Division of Neonatology, Pediatric Pharmacology Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Semin Perinatol 30:48-51. 2006..Instead, more detailed study of specific pathways of drug disposition is needed in the late preterm newborn to support safe and effective drug therapy...
- Cardiovascular drugs for the newbornRobert M Ward
Division of Neonatology, University of Utah, 50 North Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Clin Perinatol 32:979-97, x. 2005..An effective pulmonary vasodilator must dilate the pulmonary vasculature more than the systemic vasculature...
- Albuterol delivery in a neonatal ventilated lung model: Nebulization versus chlorofluorocarbon- and hydrofluoroalkane-pressurized metered dose inhalersR A Lugo
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Utah College of Pharmacy, 30 South 2000 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5820, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 31:247-54. 2001..There was no significant difference in drug delivery between CFC-MDI and HFA-MDI; nor did the placement of the spacer significantly affect drug delivery...
- Familial congenital non-immune hydrops, chylothorax, and pulmonary lymphangiectasiaDavid A Stevenson
Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:368-72. 2006....
- Population pharmacokinetics of fluconazole in young infantsK C Wade
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:4043-9. 2008..This population PK model of fluconazole discriminated the impact of BGA, PNA, and creatinine on drug CL. Our data suggest that dosing in young infants will require adjustment for BGA and PNA to achieve targeted systemic drug exposures...
- Effects of valproic acid on organic acid metabolism in children: a metabolic profiling studyK E Price
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Medical Toxicology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 89:867-74. 2011..The data suggest that more detailed metabolomic analysis may provide novel insights into biological mechanisms and predictive biomarkers for children at highest risk for serious toxicity...
- Neonatal complications following preterm birthRobert M Ward
Division of Neonatology, University of Utah, Utah, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
BJOG 110:8-16. 2003..Many changes in neonatal care occur each year, but carefully controlled outcome studies are needed to evaluate the effectiveness of these newer styles of neonatal intensive care...
- Fluconazole dosing for the prevention or treatment of invasive candidiasis in young infantsKelly C Wade
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:717-23. 2009..Fluconazole is increasingly used to prevent and treat invasive candidiasis in infants. Dosing guidance remains empiric and variable because limited pharmacokinetic data exist...
- What safety data are needed for a medication to treat gastroesophageal reflux in premature infants? In children younger than 1 year of age? How to design a long-term safety registry for children?Jeffrey L Blumer
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 37:S69-71. 2003
- Cisapride disposition in neonates and infants: in vivo reflection of cytochrome P450 3A4 ontogenyGregory L Kearns
Division of Pediatric Pharmacology and Medical Toxicology, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, 2401 Gillham Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 74:312-25. 2003..This known developmental delay in the expression of CYP3A4 prompted us to conduct a classical open-label pharmacokinetic study of cisapride in neonates and young infants...