Christopher P Ward
Affiliation: University of Houston-Clear Lake
- Risk of obstructive sleep apnea lower in double reed wind musiciansChristopher P Ward
Psychology, University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, TX 77058, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 8:251-5. 2012..However, a survey of orchestra members did not indicate a difference in OSA risk between wind and non-wind instrumentalist. The present study examines whether playing of different wind instrument types may affect the risk of OSA...
- Spatial learning and memory deficits following exposure to 24 h of sleep fragmentation or intermittent hypoxia in a rat model of obstructive sleep apneaChristopher P Ward
VA Boston Healthcare System and Harvard Medical School, Laboratory of Neuroscience, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
Brain Res 1294:128-37. 2009....
- Experimental sleep fragmentation impairs spatial reference but not working memory in Fischer/Brown Norway ratsChristopher P Ward
VA Boston Healthcare System and Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Brockton, MA, USA
J Sleep Res 18:238-44. 2009..Therefore, sleep fragmentation prior to testing impairs the ability to retain spatial reference memories but does not impair spatial reference memory acquisition or spatial WM in Fischer-Norway rats...
- Experimental sleep fragmentation and sleep deprivation in rats increases exploration in an open field test of anxiety while increasing plasma corticosterone levelsJaime L Tartar
Department of Psychiatry and Research, Harvard Medical School and VA Boston Healthcare System, Research 151 C, 940 Belmont Street, Brockton, MA 02301 5596, USA
Behav Brain Res 197:450-3. 2009....
- Experimental sleep fragmentation impairs attentional set-shifting in ratsJohn G McCoy
VA Boston Healthcare System and Harvard Medical School, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
Sleep 30:52-60. 2007..To evaluate the effect of experimental sleep fragmentation (sleep interruption; SI) on complex learning in an intradimensional-extradimensional (ID/ED) set-shifting task in rats...
- Sleep fragmentation reduces hippocampal CA1 pyramidal cell excitability and response to adenosineJaime L Tartar
VA Boston Healthcare System and Harvard Medical School, Research 151 C, 940 Belmont Street, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
Neurosci Lett 469:1-5. 2010..Instead, the reduced excitability of CA1 pyramidal neurons observed here may contribute to the loss of hippocampal long-term potentiation and hippocampus-dependent cognitive impairments associated with sleep disruption...
- Hippocampal synaptic plasticity and spatial learning are impaired in a rat model of sleep fragmentationJaime L Tartar
Harvard Medical School and VA Boston Healthcare System, Laboratory of Neuroscience, Research 151 C, 940 Belmont Street, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
Eur J Neurosci 23:2739-48. 2006..The results suggest that sleep fragmentation negatively impacts spatial learning. Loss of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor-dependent LTP in the hippocampal CA1 region may be one mechanism involved in this deficit...
- The impact of supervision on internal medicine residents' attitudes and management of depression in primary care: a pilot studyJennifer M Milone
Dept of Psychiatry, Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Acad Psychiatry 37:94-7. 2013..The authors examined the effect of supervision on internal medicine residents' attitudes toward and management of depression...