Affiliation: University of Utah
- Effects of repeated "benign" noise exposures in young CBA mice: shedding light on age-related hearing lossYong Wang
Division of Otolaryngology and Program in Neuroscience, University of Utah, 30 North, 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 0002, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 13:505-15. 2012....
- Short-term synaptic depression and recovery at the mature mammalian endbulb of Held synapse in miceYong Wang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
J Neurophysiol 100:1255-64. 2008..The accelerated synaptic recovery during high rates of activity is likely to ensure that reliable synaptic transmission can be achieved at the endbulb synapse...
- Endbulb synaptic depression within the range of presynaptic spontaneous firing and its impact on the firing reliability of cochlear nucleus bushy neuronsYong Wang
Division of Otolaryngology and the Program in Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, University of Utah, UT 84132, USA
Hear Res 270:101-9. 2010..However, there seems to be no beneficial effect as assessed by the firing reliability of postsynaptic neurons for transmitting information about higher rates of activity...
- Short-term plasticity and auditory processing in the ventral cochlear nucleus of normal and hearing-impaired animalsYong Wang
Division of Otolaryngology and Neuroscience Program, 3C120 School of Medicine, 30 North, 1900 East, Salt Lake City, University of Utah, UT 84132, USA
Hear Res 279:131-9. 2011..These changes in dynamics in turn will affect the efficacy with which different kinds of information about the acoustic environment can be processed by the parallel pathways in the cochlear nucleus...
- Synaptic transmission at the cochlear nucleus endbulb synapse during age-related hearing loss in miceYong Wang
1115 Bioinformatics Bldg, CB 7070, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7070, USA
J Neurophysiol 94:1814-24. 2005..Auditory nerve activity regulates both presynaptic (release probability) and postsynaptic (receptor composition and kinetics) function at the endbulb synapse after the onset of hearing...
- Insights into the mechanism of drug resistance: X-ray structure analysis of multi-drug resistant HIV-1 protease ritonavir complexZhigang Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 431:232-8. 2013..The structural and functional studies demonstrate significant drug resistance of MDR HIV-1 protease against RTV, arising from reduced hydrogen bonds and Van der Waals interactions between RTV and MDR HIV-1 protease...
- Temporal coding by cochlear nucleus bushy cells in DBA/2J mice with early onset hearing lossYong Wang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of North Carolina, 1115 Bioinformatics Building, CB 7070, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7070, USA
J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 7:412-24. 2006..We conclude that the ability of AVCN bushy neurons to reliably follow ANF EPSPs is compromised in a frequency-dependent fashion in hearing-impaired mice. This effect can be best explained by an increase in spike threshold...
- Comparative analysis of detection methods for congenital cytomegalovirus infection in a Guinea pig modelAlbert H Park
Divisions of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 139:82-6. 2013..To assess the validity of the guinea pig as a model for congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection by comparing the effectiveness of detecting the virus by real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in blood, urine, and saliva...
- Crystal structures of multidrug-resistant HIV-1 protease in complex with two potent anti-malarial compoundsRavikiran S Yedidi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, 540 E Canfield Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 421:413-7. 2012..Thus, compounds 1 and 2 show promising inhibitory activity against HIV-1 protease variants and hence are good candidates for further development to enhance their potency against NL4-3 as well as MDR HIV-1 protease variants...
- Effect of Noise Induced Hearing Loss on AVCN Principal NeuronsYong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..