Affiliation: University of Washington
- A shear and plantar pressure sensor based on fiber-optic bend lossWei Chih Wang
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 42:315-25. 2005..Initial results show that this sensor exhibits low noise and responds to applied normal and shear loads with good repeatability...
- Development of a microfabricated optical bend loss sensor for distributive pressure measurementWei Chih Wang
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, Seatle, WA 98195, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 55:614-25. 2008..A force image algorithm with a two-layer neural network system was used to identify four load magnitudes and four different shaped applicators. All four shapes were successfully identified with the neural network...
- Large-core single-mode rib SU8 waveguide using solvent-assisted microcontact moldingCheng Sheng Huang
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 2600, USA
Appl Opt 47:4540-7. 2008..Optical simulations were performed using beam propagation method software. Single-mode beam propagation was observed at the output of the simulated waveguide as well as the actual waveguide through the microscope image...
- In-Shoe Shear Stress Sensor For Diabetic PatientWei Chih Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005..A wearable (in-shoe) or embedded (active shoe, or prosthesis) sensor can be derived from this sensor. Other sensors can also be incorporated into the polymer-based sheet to create a multi-parameter sensor system. ..
- Development of A Novel Electro-Optic EndoscopeWei Chih Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007....