Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Relationship of body mass index and physical activity to health care costs among employeesFeifei Wang
Health Management Research Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Occup Environ Med 46:428-36. 2004....
- BMI, physical activity, and health care utilization/costs among Medicare retireesFeifei Wang
Health Management Research Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Obes Res 13:1450-7. 2005..To examine the influence of physical activity (PA) and BMI on health care utilization and costs among Medicare retirees...
- The relationship between National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Weight Guidelines and concurrent medical costs in a manufacturing populationFeifei Wang
Health Management Research Center, University of Michigan, 1027 E. Huron Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Am J Health Promot 17:183-9. 2003..Given that the prevalence of obesity continues to increase in western countries, effective weight control programs would help avoid a substantial amount of medical costs associated with overweight/obesity and related diseases...
- The savings gained from participation in health promotion programs for Medicare beneficiariesRonald J Ozminkowski
Health and Productivity Research, Thomson Medstat and the Institute for Health and Productivity Studies, Cornell University, 777 East Eisenhower Parkway 903R, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
J Occup Environ Med 48:1125-32. 2006..The objective of this study was to estimate savings to Medicare associated with participation in one or more health promotion programs offered to 59,324 retirees from a large employer and their aged dependents...
- Association of healthcare costs with per unit body mass index increaseFeifei Wang
Health Management Research Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104-1688, USA
J Occup Environ Med 48:668-74. 2006..2% for heart disease. CONCLUSIONS: Each unit increase in BMI is associated with higher healthcare costs and increased likelihood of having claims for most major diagnostic codes and for diabetes and heart diseases...