Doris D Wang
Affiliation: University of California
- Defining the role of GABA in cortical developmentDoris D Wang
Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Physiol 587:1873-9. 2009..Here, we present recent evidence supporting the multiple functions of GABA during embryonic development and adult neurogenesis, from regulating progenitor proliferation to influencing the migration and maturation of newborn neurons...
- Blocking early GABA depolarization with bumetanide results in permanent alterations in cortical circuits and sensorimotor gating deficitsDoris D Wang
Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of California, San Francisco CA 94143, USA
Cereb Cortex 21:574-87. 2011....
- GABA regulates excitatory synapse formation in the neocortex via NMDA receptor activationDoris D Wang
Institute for Regeneration Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 28:5547-58. 2008..Our study identifies an essential role for GABA in the synaptic integration of newborn cortical neurons and suggests an activity-dependent mechanism for achieving the balance between excitation and inhibition in the developing cortex...
- Rates and predictors of long-term seizure freedom after frontal lobe epilepsy surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysisDario J Englot
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0112, USA
J Neurosurg 116:1042-8. 2012....
- Minocycline- and tetracycline-class antibiotics are protective against partial seizures in vivoDoris D Wang
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0112, USA
Epilepsy Behav 24:314-8. 2012..Tetracycline-class antibiotics minocycline, doxycycline and tetracycline have been shown to have anti-apoptotic and anti-inflammatory effects...
- Predictors of seizure freedom after surgery for malformations of cortical developmentEdward F Chang
Northern California Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Ann Neurol 70:151-62. 2011..Our aim was to examine a surgical series of patients with cortical malformations to determine the prognostic factors associated with long-term seizure control...
- Gap junction adhesion is necessary for radial migration in the neocortexLaura A B Elias
Neuroscience Graduate Program, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nature 448:901-7. 2007....
- Homotopic organization of essential language sites in right and bilateral cerebral hemispheric dominanceEdward F Chang
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosurg 114:893-902. 2011..Language dominance in the right hemisphere is rare. Therefore, the organization of essential language sites in the dominant right hemisphere is unclear, especially compared with cases involving the more prevalent left dominant hemisphere...