Cecilia Cl Wang
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Arterial insulin resistance in Yucatan micropigs with diet-induced obesity and metabolic syndromeCecilia C Low Wang
Endocrine Section, VA Medical Center, Denver, and University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Diabetes Complications 27:307-15. 2013..Accordingly, we utilized a porcine dietary model of metabolic syndrome without atherosclerosis to investigate early abnormalities of vascular function and signaling...
- Practical approach to management of inpatient hyperglycemia in select patient populationsCecilia C Low Wang
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
Hosp Pract (1995) 41:45-53. 2013..Key considerations underlying these management methods include a proactive approach, frequent blood glucose monitoring, daily review of blood glucose patterns, and daily reassessment of the insulin regimen and associated orders...
- Acute effects of different diet compositions on skeletal muscle insulin signalling in obese individuals during caloric restrictionCecilia C L Wang
Research Service, Department of Veterans Affairs, Denver, Colorado, USA
Metabolism 62:595-603. 2013..The cellular effects of restricting fat versus carbohydrate during a low-calorie diet are unclear. The aim of this study was to examine acute effects of energy and macronutrient restriction on skeletal muscle insulin signalling in obesity...
- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease: changing the focus from glycemic control to improving long-term survivalCecilia C Low Wang
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Department of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, and Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:58B-68B. 2012....
- Circulating adiponectin levels are lower in Latino versus non-Latino white patients at risk for cardiovascular disease, independent of adiposity measuresRocio I Pereira
Denver Health Medical Center, 660 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204, USA
BMC Endocr Disord 11:13. 2011..abstract:..