Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Assessment of genetic testing and related counseling services: current research and future directionsCatharine Wang
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, 1420 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Soc Sci Med 58:1427-42. 2004....
- Genetic counseling for BRCA1/2: a randomized controlled trial of two strategies to facilitate the education and counseling processCatharine Wang
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan, School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Am J Med Genet A 134:66-73. 2005..No interaction effects of the two intervention arms were found. The study results support the importance of both strategies as valuable supplements to clinical BRCA1/2 counseling...
- The role of health education and behavior in public health geneticsSharon L R Kardia
Department of Epidemiology, Public Health Genetics Program, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA
Health Educ Behav 32:583-8. 2005..An introduction to the nine articles and two practice notes included in this special issue is also provided to draw attention to the crosscutting themes and issues presented...
- Reducing the influence of anecdotal reasoning on people's health care decisions: is a picture worth a thousand statistics?Angela Fagerlin
VA Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0429, USA
Med Decis Making 25:398-405. 2005..People's treatment decisions are often influenced by anecdotal rather than statistical information. This can lead to patients making decisions based on others' experiences rather than on evidence-based medicine...
- Effect of preventive messages tailored to family history on health behaviors: the Family Healthware Impact TrialMack T Ruffin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Ann Fam Med 9:3-11. 2011....
- Research and practice opportunities at the intersection of health education, health behavior, and genomicsCatharine Wang
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, and Michigan Center for Genomics and Public Health School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Health Educ Behav 32:686-701. 2005..This analysis has identified the need to consider potential application efforts in genomics and HBHE from an ecological perspective, with an emphasis on multiple levels of intervention and analysis...
- Current research promises and challenges in behavioral oncology: report from the American Society of Preventive Oncology annual meeting, 2002Suzanne M Miller
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:171-80. 2004....
- Tailored interventions for multiple risk behaviorsVictor Strecher
Health Educ Res 17:619-26. 2002..Through this research, we intend to develop a better understanding of how the presence of multiple risk behaviors affects the probability of behavior change and to evaluate the joint action of these behaviors...
- Blood Pressure Sunday: introducing genomics to the community through family historyVelma Theisen
Michigan Department of Community Health, Lansing, MI 48909, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 2:A23. 2005..The integration of genomics information into public health activities offers the opportunity to help raise awareness among populations at high risk for high blood pressure...
- Decision making in cancer primary prevention and chemopreventionSherri Sheinfeld Gorin
Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Ann Behav Med 32:179-87. 2006..We know very little about how individuals decide to undertake, maintain, or discontinue cancer primary prevention or chemoprevention...