Tanya Nicole Wanchek
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Educational debt and intended employment choice among dental school seniorsTanya Wanchek
Dr Wanchek is an assistant professor, Department of Public Health Science, University of Virginia, P O Box 400206, Charlottesville, VA 22904
J Am Dent Assoc 145:428-34. 2014..st> The authors examined the association between educational debt and dental school seniors' intended activity after graduation...
- Effects of a proposed rural dental school on regional dental workforce and access to careTanya N Wanchek
Public Health Sciences, Department of Public Health, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Rural Remote Health 13:2366. 2013..The opening of a dental school in the region has been proposed by policy-makers as one approach to improving the size of the dentist workforce and oral health outcomes...
- Use of longer periods of temporary detention to reduce mental health civil commitmentsTanya Nicole Wanchek
Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:643-8. 2012..This study examined whether lengthening the holding period for an individual experiencing a mental health crisis under a temporary detention order (TDO) can reduce the number and length of post-TDO involuntary hospital commitments...
- Decisions to initiate involuntary commitment: the role of intensive community services and other factorsElizabeth Lloyd McGarvey
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:120-6. 2013..This study examined the predictors of actions to initiate involuntary commitment of individuals experiencing a mental health crisis...
- The effect of community mental health services on hospitalization rates in VirginiaTanya Nicole Wanchek
Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service, University of Virginia, P O Box 400206, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:194-9. 2011..This study examined the relationship between the availability of mental health outpatient services provided by 40 publicly funded community service boards (CSBs) and the use of inpatient mental health treatment among Medicaid recipients...