Jan L Wallander
Affiliation: University of California
- Is obesity associated with reduced health-related quality of life in Latino, Black and White children in the community?J L Wallander
Department of Psychological Sciences, Center of Excellence on Health Disparities, Health Sciences Research Institute, University of California, Merced, Merced, CA 95343, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 37:920-5. 2013..Design:Cross-sectional community cohort survey...
- Racial/ethnic disparities in health-related quality of life and health in children are largely mediated by family contextual differencesJan L Wallander
Psychological Sciences, Center of Excellence on Health Disparities, University of California, Merced, USA
Acad Pediatr 12:532-8. 2012....
- Quality of Life as reported by children and parents: a comparison between students and child psychiatric outpatientsThomas Jozefiak
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Regional Centre of Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Department of Neuroscience, MTFS, N 7489 Trondheim, Norway
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:136. 2010..e. the Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL), has never been examined and was the purpose of the present study...
- Group and individual stability of three parenting dimensionsTormod Rimehaug
Regional Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, Norway
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 5:19. 2011..abstract:..
- A randomised controlled trial of written self-disclosure for functional recurrent abdominal pain in youthJan L Wallander
School of Social Sciences, Humanities and the Arts, and Health Sciences Research Institute, University of California, Merced, CA 95343, USA
Psychol Health 26:433-47. 2011..There were no significant effects for somatisation severity or QOL in 6 months. WSD may be a useful treatment adjunct for reducing pain frequency and resulting health care utilisation in a portion of youths with functional RAP...
- Brain research to ameliorate impaired neurodevelopment--home-based intervention trial (BRAIN-HIT)Jan L Wallander
Psychological Sciences and Health Sciences Research Institute, University of California, Merced, 5200 Lake Road, Merced, CA 95343, USA
BMC Pediatr 10:27. 2010....
- Weight status, quality of life, and self-concept in African American, Hispanic, and white fifth-grade childrenJan L Wallander
Psychological Sciences Section, School of Social Sciences, Humanities and the Arts, University of California, Merced, California, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1363-8. 2009..Both global self-concept and body dissatisfaction independently mediated significant portions of the association between BMI and psychosocial QOL. Being obese in childhood may have negative psychosocial effects...
- RCT of written self-disclosure for youth abdominal painJan Wallander; Fiscal Year: 2004..Consistent with the indicated Program Announcement, this project translates a promising intervention to the clinical setting and provides preliminary effectiveness data that can support a future multi-center research grant application. ..
- Archive of Longitudinal Studies on Childhood Problem BehJan Wallander; Fiscal Year: 2004..Examples of predefined searches include study title, constituency of the sample, population of inference, number of variables, scales and instrumentation, and variable content. ..
- COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE DATA ARCHIVEJan Wallander; Fiscal Year: 2005..In light of the value-added features associated with CAMDA, we expect it to match and exceed this pace. ..
- Promoting Use of Effective Early Intervention ProgramsJan Wallander; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Psychological Tests and Assessment Online ResourceJan Wallander; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., clinicians, researchers, students, teachers) who need information about and access to psychological tests for children and adolescents or want to be educated about tests and assessment generally. ..
- Effective Treatments for Children's Disruptive DisordersJan Wallander; Fiscal Year: 2006..The market for these products is substantial with over 412,000 mental health professionals and about 2.6-5.3 million children and adolescents with disruptive and attention problems. ..
- Effective Treatments for Children's Emotional DisordersHOLLY KREIDER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal of the current project, therefore, is to increase the likelihood that children receive empirically supported psychosocial treatments for these mental health problems. ..