Barbara J Walkosz
Affiliation: University of Colorado at Denver
- Increasing sun protection in winter outdoor recreation a theory-based health communication programBarbara J Walkosz
University of Colorado, Denver Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80217, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:502-9. 2008..Unprotected and excessive exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UVR) is the primary risk factor for skin cancer...
- Sustainability of the dissemination of an occupational sun protection program in a randomized trialDavid B Buller
Klein Buendel, Inc, Denver, CO 80401, USA
Health Educ Behav 39:498-502. 2012..05, p = .83. Despite declines over time, a group of ski areas had sustained high program use and active dissemination methods had sustained positive effects on implementation...
- Randomized trial testing a worksite sun protection program in an outdoor recreation industryDavid B Buller
Klein Buendel, Inc, Golden, Colorado 80401, USA
Health Educ Behav 32:514-35. 2005..Program awareness per se was not predictive (p > .05) of reduced sunburning in a mediational analysis. Analyses of nonrespondents, including intent-to-treat analyses, further supported the success of GSS...
- The prevalence and predictors of helmet use by skiers and snowboarders at ski areas in western North America in 2001David B Buller
The Cooper Institute, 14023 Denver West Parkway, Suite 100, Golden, CO 80401, USA
J Trauma 55:939-45. 2003..Helmets may protect the heads of skiers and snowboarders. The prevalence of helmet use by these groups was estimated...
- Testing the risk compensation hypothesis for safety helmets in alpine skiing and snowboardingMichael D Scott
California State University, Communication Arts and Sciences, Chico, California, USA
Inj Prev 13:173-7. 2007..The prevalence of helmet use by alpine skiers and snowboarders was estimated and self-reports on risk taking were assessed to test for potential risk compensation when using helmets in these sports...