R L Walker
Affiliation: University of California
- Comparison of VIDAS enzyme-linked fluorescent immunoassay using Moore swab sampling and conventional culture method for Salmonella detection in bulk tank milk and in-line milk filters in California dairiesR L Walker
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 67:123-9. 2001....
- Equine abortion associated with the Borrelia parkeri-B. turicatae tick-borne relapsing fever spirochete groupR L Walker
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory Davis Branch, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:1558-62. 2002..turicatae tick-borne relapsing fever spirochete group with a late-term abortion in a mare are described...
- An improved molecular assay for Tritrichomonas foetusR A Grahn
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, 1 Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Vet Parasitol 127:33-41. 2005..Moreover, electrophoretic separation of amplified samples can be outsourced, thus eliminating the need for diagnostic laboratories to purchase expensive analysis equipment...
- Farm- and host-level risk factors for papillomatous digital dermatitis in Chilean dairy cattleA Rodriguez-Lainz
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Prev Vet Med 42:87-97. 1999..A policy of trimming all cows' vs. only lame cows' feet and a policy about buying adult cows did not have significant effects on PDD risk...
- Aeromonas species associated with necrotizing enteritis and septicemia in an adult male ostrich (Struthio camelus)M Franca
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory System, Fresno Branch, University of California, Davis, 2789 S Orange Avenue, Fresno, CA 93725, USA
Avian Dis 53:310-6. 2009..from various tissues strongly suggest that this bacterium was the cause of the necrotizing enteritis, septicemia, and death of this ostrich. Vitamin A deficiency might have predisposed the bird to the Aeromonas infection...
- Short communication: Attempts to identify Clostridium botulinum toxin in milk from three experimentally intoxicated Holstein cowsR B Moeller
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory, University of California, Tulare 93274, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:2529-33. 2009..From these results, it appears that Clostridium botulinum type C toxin does not cross from the blood to the milk in detectable concentrations...
- Histochemical and immunohistochemical evidence of a bacterium associated with lesions of epizootic bovine abortionM L Anderson
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 18:76-80. 2006..To the authors' knowledge, this is the first report to document morphologic evidence of a bacterium associated with the lesions of EBA...
- Spatial and temporal clustering of Salmonella serotypes isolated from adult diarrheic dairy cattle in CaliforniaK Sato
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 13:206-12. 2001..Knowledge of the specific type of clustering, if present, should improve our understanding of the transmission and control of salmonellosis in the field...
- Cutaneous pythiosis in a nestling white-faced ibisP A Pesavento
Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616 5270, USA
Vet Pathol 45:538-41. 2008..To the best of the authors' knowledge, this is the first published report of pythiosis in birds...
- Comparison of the 5.8S rRNA gene and internal transcribed spacer regions of trichomonadid protozoa recovered from the bovine preputial cavityR L Walker
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 15:14-20. 2003..foetus isolates recovered from the bovine preputial cavity...
- Listeriosis in a cockatiel (Nymphicus hollandicus)H L Shivaprasad
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory System, Fresno Branch, University of California, Davis, 2789 South Orange Avenue, Fresno, CA 93725, USA
Avian Dis 51:800-4. 2007..Listeria monocytogenes also was detected in affected tissues by immunohistochemistry...
- Identification by subtractive hybridization of sequences specific for Salmonella enterica serovar enteritidisP G Agron
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94551, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:4984-91. 2001..These results provide a basis for developing a rapid, sensitive, and highly specific detection system for Salmonella serovar Enteritidis and provide sequence information that may be relevant to the unique characteristics of this serovar...
- Immunohistochemical identification of Campylobacter fetus in natural cases of bovine and ovine abortionsC M Campero
Animal Health Group, Instituto Nacional de Tecnologia Agropecuaria INTA, CC 276 7620 Balcarce, Argentina
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 52:138-41. 2005..The C. fetus IHC procedure performed on formalin fixed tissues is a practical tool for the diagnosis of natural cases of ovine and bovine abortion caused by C. fetus...
- Differential expression and alternative splicing of TRP channel genes in smooth musclesR L Walker
Department of Physiology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 280:C1184-92. 2001..Splice variants for TRP7, deleted for exons encoding amino acids including transmembrane segment S1, predominated in murine smooth muscles, while the full-length form of the transcript was expressed in canine smooth muscles...
- Novel human and mouse genes encoding an acid phosphatase family member and its downregulation in W/W(V) mouse jejunumI Takayama
Department of Medicine, Yamanashi Medical University School of Medicine, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Gut 50:790-6. 2002..The aim of the present study was to differentially examine gene expression in the small intestines of wild-type and W/W(V) mutant mice...
- Salpingitis in Pekin ducks associated with concurrent infection with Tetratrichomonas sp. and Escherichia coliR Crespo
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory System, Fresno Branch, 93725, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 13:240-5. 2001..8S ribosomal RNA gene and the flanking internal transcribed space regions of the trichomonad isolate did not closely match with available sequences of the same region of other trichomonadid protozoa...
- Molecular typing of papillomatous digital dermatitis-associated Treponema isolates based on analysis of 16S-23S ribosomal DNA intergenic spacer regionsL V Stamm
Program in Infectious Diseases, Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7435, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:3463-9. 2002..PCR amplification of the 16S-tRNA(Ile) region of ISR2 permitted rapid phylotyping of California and Iowa PDD-associated Treponema isolates based on product length polymorphisms...