P C Walker
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Evolution of a policy disallowing the use of alternative therapies in a health systemP C Walker
Department of Pharmacy Services, Detroit Medical Center, MI, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 57:1984-90. 2000..However, concerns related to safety, efficacy, ethics, and liability led to the abandonment of the liberal policy and implementation of a highly restrictive one...
- Medication use as a risk factor for falls among hospitalized elderly patientsPaul C Walker
Department of Pharmacy Services, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0008, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:2495-9. 2005..The relationship between medication use and falls among hospitalized elderly patients was studied...
- Impact of a pharmacist-facilitated hospital discharge program: a quasi-experimental studyPaul C Walker
College of Pharmacy, The University of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, UH B2D301, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5008, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:2003-10. 2009..Our objectives were to characterize medication discrepancies at hospital discharge and test the effects of a pharmacist intervention on health care utilization following discharge...
- An advanced pharmacy practice experience in transitional carePaul C Walker
University of Michigan Health System, Department of Pharmacy Services B2D301, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5008, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 74:20. 2010..To implement and assess a 4-week advanced pharmacy practice experience in transitional care...
- Surgical infection prophylaxis for left ventricular assist device implantationPaul C Walker
Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Michigan Health System and College of Pharmacy, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0008, USA
J Card Surg 26:440-3. 2011..However, optimal surgical infection prophylaxis (SIP) for LVAD surgeries is not well defined...
- Improving information flow and documentation for clinical pharmacy servicesScott R McCreadie
Department of Pharmacy Services, University of Michigan Health System UMHS, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan UM, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 61:46-9. 2004
- Amiodarone for atrial fibrillation following cardiac surgery: development of clinical practice guidelines at a university hospitalUjjaini Khanderia
Department of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0008, USA
Clin Cardiol 31:6-10. 2008..We review the clinical evidence from published trials and discuss our guidelines, defining amiodarone use for AF in the cardiac surgery setting...
- Retrospective review of metformin in inpatients and outpatients at the University of MichiganHanady M Sharabash
Diabetes Care 29:170-1. 2006