Genomes and Genes
Lori A Walker
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Contractile protein phosphorylation predicts human heart disease phenotypesLori A Walker
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 304:H1644-50. 2013..Defining these changes in progressive heart disease may provide important diagnostic and treatment information...
- Biochemical and myofilament responses of the right ventricle to severe pulmonary hypertensionLori A Walker
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H832-40. 2011..No changes in total force or cooperativity were seen. Taken together, these results suggest that RV failure is mechanistically unique from left ventricular failure...
- Tissue procurement strategies affect the protein biochemistry of human heart samplesLori A Walker
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Denver, B139, 12700 E 19th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 31:309-14. 2011..Overall, procurement strategies that involved maintenance of tissue in cardioplegia solution deviated most dramatically from prompt and rapid tissue immersion in liquid nitrogen...
- Stage-specific changes in myofilament protein phosphorylation following myocardial infarction in miceLori A Walker
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Department of Medicine Cardiology, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:1180-6. 2010..These data suggest that temporal changes in myofilament protein phosphorylation contribute both to the initial compensatory hyperdynamic response to myocardial infarction and subsequently to the gradual progression to myocardial failure...
- Incomplete recovery of myocyte contractile function despite improvement of myocardial architecture with left ventricular assist device supportAmrut V Ambardekar
Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Circ Heart Fail 4:425-32. 2011..We hypothesized that evaluation of myocyte contractility and biochemistry at the sarcomere level before and after LVAD may explain organ-level changes...
- The effect of myosin regulatory light chain phosphorylation on the frequency-dependent regulation of cardiac functionFernando A L Dias
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 41:330-9. 2006....
- Adora2b-elicited Per2 stabilization promotes a HIF-dependent metabolic switch crucial for myocardial adaptation to ischemiaTobias Eckle
Mucosal Inflammation Program, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, USA
Nat Med 18:774-82. 2012....
- Serendipitous discovery of a novel protein signaling mechanism in heart failureAndrea M Vitello
University of Colorado, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 421:431-5. 2012..Further studies are needed to elucidate the role that PDIA3 may play in the progression of heart failure...
- Selective class I histone deacetylase inhibition suppresses hypoxia-induced cardiopulmonary remodeling through an antiproliferative mechanismMaria A Cavasin
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Circ Res 110:739-48. 2012..The consequences of HDAC inhibition in the context of pulmonary hypertension with associated right ventricular cardiac remodeling are poorly understood...
- Temporal expression of miRNAs and mRNAs in a mouse model of myocardial infarctionJ David Port
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Physiol Genomics 43:1087-95. 2011....
- The right ventricle: biologic insights and response to disease: updatedLori A Walker
University of Colorado Denver, CO, USA
Curr Cardiol Rev 9:73-81. 2013..The updated version of this review now acknowledges recent advances in the understanding of metabolic, inflammatory and gender-specific influences on the right ventricle...
- Protein kinase A changes calcium sensitivity but not crossbridge kinetics in human cardiac myofibrilsJohn S Walker
Division of Cardiology, Dept of Medicine, Univ of Colorado, Denver, Aurora CO 80045, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H138-46. 2011....
- The right ventricle: biologic insights and response to diseaseLori A Walker
University of Colorado Denver, USA
Curr Cardiol Rev 5:22-8. 2009..This review highlights some of these features and underscores the fact that rational therapy in RV failure should acknowledge this physiology and ought to be chamber specific...