Kara Odom Walker
Affiliation: University of California
- The association among specialty, race, ethnicity, and practice location among California physicians in diverse specialtiesKara Odom Walker
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, 995 Potrero Ave, W 83, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 104:46-52. 2012..Few have investigated whether non-primary care specialists of minority backgrounds are more likely to serve the underserved than nonminority specialists...
- The vulnerability of middle-aged and older adults in a multiethnic, low-income area: contributions of age, ethnicity, and health insuranceKara Odom Walker
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:2416-22. 2010..Providing insurance coverage for this group may improve access to preventive care and promote wellness...
- Increased patient delays in care after the closure of Martin Luther King Hospital: implications for monitoring health system changesKara Odom Walker
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Ethn Dis 21:356-60. 2011..Using community-based participatory research methods, we explored the impact of hospital closure among late middle aged and elderly racial/ethnic minorities in South Los Angeles...
- Effect of closure of a local safety-net hospital on primary care physicians' perceptions of their role in patient careKara Odom Walker
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California San Francisco, USA
Ann Fam Med 9:496-503. 2011....
- Self-reported fluency in non-english languages among physicians practicing in CaliforniaGerardo Moreno
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program and Department of Family Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Fam Med 42:414-20. 2010..We sought to compare the non-English language fluency of practicing physicians by physician race/ethnicity and location of medical school education...