Heidi L Wald
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Chief nursing officers' perspectives on Medicare's hospital-acquired conditions non-payment policy: implications for policy design and implementationHeidi Wald
School of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Implement Sci 7:78. 2012..This study's goals were to understand organizational responses to the HAC policy, including internal and external influences that moderated the success or failure of QI efforts...
- Feasibility of audit and feedback to reduce postoperative urinary catheter durationHeidi L Wald
Division of Health Care Policy Research, University of Colorado Denver, School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
J Hosp Med 6:183-9. 2011..Indwelling urinary catheter duration is an important risk factor for catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs)...
- Evaluation of a hospitalist-run acute care for the elderly serviceHeidi L Wald
Division of Health Care Policy Research, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Hosp Med 6:313-21. 2011..Comprehensive care for frail older inpatients may improve selected outcomes and reduce harm...
- Indwelling urinary catheter use in the postoperative period: analysis of the national surgical infection prevention project dataHeidi L Wald
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, 13611 E Colfax Ave, Ste 100, Aurora, CO 80011, USA
Arch Surg 143:551-7. 2008..To describe the frequency and duration of perioperative catheter use and to determine the relationship between catheter use and postoperative outcomes...
- Quality of care for in-hospital stroke: analysis of a statewide registryEthan Cumbler
Divisio of General Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Stroke 42:207-10. 2011..approximately 4% to 17% of all adult strokes have onset in the hospital. Previous research indicates significant in-hospital evaluation delays and lower adherence to some measures of quality care compared to out-of-hospital strokes...
- Extended use of urinary catheters in older surgical patients: a patient safety problem?Heidi L Wald
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:116-24. 2008....
- Nonpayment for harms resulting from medical care: catheter-associated urinary tract infectionsHeidi L Wald
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80111, USA
JAMA 298:2782-4. 2007
- Post-hospitalization transitions: Examining the effects of timing of primary care provider follow-upGregory J Misky
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
J Hosp Med 5:392-7. 2010..The presence and role of the primary care provider (PCP) is critical during this transition. This study evaluated characteristics and outcomes of discharged patients lacking timely PCP follow-up, defined as within 4 weeks of discharge...