Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Community perceptions about the tobacco industry and tobacco control fundingM Wakefield
Population Based Behavioural Research Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Centre, South Australia
Aust N Z J Public Health 23:240-4. 1999..To determine community views about the believability and standards of honesty and ethics of tobacco companies, related policy options, and mechanisms for tobacco control funding...
- Effectiveness of comprehensive tobacco control programmes in reducing teenage smoking in the USAM Wakefield
Health Research and Policy Centers, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607, USA
Tob Control 9:177-86. 2000..To describe the extent to which comprehensive statewide tobacco control programmes in the USA have made progress toward reducing teenage smoking...
- Effect of restrictions on smoking at home, at school, and in public places on teenage smoking: cross sectional studyM A Wakefield
Health Research and Policy Centers, University of Illinois at Chicago, 850 West Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
BMJ 321:333-7. 2000..To determine the relation between extent of restrictions on smoking at home, at school, and in public places and smoking uptake and smoking prevalence among school students...
- Restrictions on smoking at home and urinary cotinine levels among children with asthmaM Wakefield
Health Research and Policy Centers, University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Am J Prev Med 19:188-92. 2000..The purpose of this study was to determine the extent to which various levels of restrictions on smoking in the home may be associated with children's exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (ETS)...
- The effects of smoking-related television advertising on smoking and intentions to quit among adults in the United States: 1999-2007Sherry Emery
Institute for Health Research and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60608, USA
Am J Public Health 102:751-7. 2012..We investigated whether state-sponsored antitobacco advertisements are associated with reduced adult smoking, and interactions between smoking-related advertising types...
- The impact of retail cigarette marketing practices on youth smoking uptakeSandy J Slater
Institute for Health Research and Policy, University of Illinois at Chicago 60608, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:440-5. 2007..To examine the differential associations of cigarette retail marketing practices on youth smoking uptake...
- State tobacco control spending and youth smokingJohn A Tauras
Department of Economics m c 144, University of Illinois at Chicago, 601 South Morgan, Chicago, IL 60607 7121, USA
Am J Public Health 95:338-44. 2005..We examined the relationship between state-level tobacco control expenditures and youth smoking prevalence and cigarette consumption...