Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Preoperative serum potassium levels and perioperative outcomes in cardiac surgery patients. Multicenter Study of Perioperative Ischemia Research GroupJ A Wahr
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
JAMA 281:2203-10. 1999..Although potassium is critical for normal electrophysiology, the association between abnormal preoperative serum potassium level and perioperative adverse events such as arrhythmias has not been examined rigorously...
- Effect of propofol with and without EDTA on haemodynamics and calcium and magnesium homeostasis during and after cardiac surgeryJ Wahr
University of Michigan, Department of Anesthesia, Ann Arbor 48109 0048, USA
Intensive Care Med 26:S443-51. 2000..To determine the effect of the addition of disodium edetate (EDTA) to propofol on haemodynamics, ionised calcium and magnesium serum concentrations, and adverse events during cardiac surgery...
- Clinical potential of blood substitutes or oxygen therapeutics during cardiac surgeryJoyce A Wahr
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Health Systems, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Room UH1H247, Box 0048, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Anesthesiol Clin North America 21:553-68. 2003..Equally important, these agents' potential for serving as effective oxygen-delivery agents to ischemic tissues heralds an entirely new field of clinical investigation...
- Clinical potential of nonhemoglobin oxygen therapeutics in cardiac and general surgeryJoyce A Wahr
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Health Systems, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0048, USA
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 2:69-75. 2002..Despite significant research efforts, however, none of the solutions under development are currently approved for clinical use by the Food and Drug Administration, with the exception of myocardial contrast imaging agents...
- Predictive value of the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale and the Mini-Mental State Examination for neurologic outcome after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryNancy A Nussmeier
Department of Anesthesiology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 139:901-12. 2010..We intended to define the role of the National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale and the Mini-Mental State Examination in identifying adverse neurologic outcomes in a large international sample of patients undergoing cardiac surgery...
- The use of bovine hemoglobin glutamer-250 (Hemopure) in surgical patients: results of a multicenter, randomized, single-blinded trialJuraj Sprung
Department of Anesthesiology and Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Anesth Analg 94:799-808, table of contents. 2002..The administration of HBOC-201 was associated with a delayed (third postoperative day) dose-dependent increase in the plasma methemoglobin concentration. We conclude that the intraoperative use of HBOC-201 was generally well tolerated...