Affiliation: University of Utah
- Optical dissection of odor information processing in vivo using GCaMPs expressed in specified cell types of the olfactory bulbMatt Wachowiak
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Neurosci 33:5285-300. 2013..These results suggest multiple circuit elements with distinct roles in transforming odor representations in the OB and provide a framework for further study of early olfactory processing using optical and genetic tools...
- All in a sniff: olfaction as a model for active sensingMatt Wachowiak
Department of Physiology and Brain Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84103, USA
Neuron 71:962-73. 2011....
- Transgene expression in target-defined neuron populations mediated by retrograde infection with adeno-associated viral vectorsMarkus Rothermel
Brain Institute and Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
J Neurosci 33:15195-206. 2013..These results establish a widely accessible tool for achieving combinatorial specificity and stable, long-term transgene expression to isolate precisely defined neuron populations in the intact animal...
- Cholinergic inputs from Basal forebrain add an excitatory bias to odor coding in the olfactory bulbMarkus Rothermel
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Brain Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84103, and Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
J Neurosci 34:4654-64. 2014..These results are consistent with a role for the basal forebrain cholinergic system in dynamically regulating the sensitivity to or salience of odors during active sensing of the olfactory environment. ..
- CRCNS: Active Sensing and Odor Processing in the Olfactory BulbDALE M WACHOWIAK; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Dynamics of glomerular coding in the olfactory bulbDALE M WACHOWIAK; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding this relationship could lead to new treatments for olfactory deficits or therapeutic approaches to improving odor or flavor perception in individuals with impaired nasal function. ..