Vivian von Gruenigen
Affiliation: University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- Baseline characteristics influencing quality of life in women undergoing gynecologic oncology surgeryKaren M Gil
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akron General Medical Center, Akron, Ohio 44302, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:25. 2007....
- Surgical treatments for vulvar and vaginal dysplasia: a randomized controlled trialVivian E von Gruenigen
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Case Medical Center, Case School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Obstet Gynecol 109:942-7. 2007..To compare pain, adverse effects and recurrence of dysplasia in patients with vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia or vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia prospectively treated by carbon dioxide laser or ultrasonic surgical aspiration...
- Assessment of factors that contribute to decreased quality of life in Gynecologic Oncology Group ovarian cancer trialsVivian E von Gruenigen
Department of Reproductive Biology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Cancer 115:4857-64. 2009..The objective of this study was to assess which quality-of-life (QOL) line items on the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Ovarian (FACT-O) were associated with low QOL in women who were receiving chemotherapy for ovarian cancer...
- Feasibility and effectiveness of a lifestyle intervention program in obese endometrial cancer patients: a randomized trialVivian E von Gruenigen
University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Room 7128, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Gynecol Oncol 109:19-26. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess feasibility of a lifestyle intervention program for promoting weight loss, change in eating behaviors, and increased physical activity in obese ECS...
- A randomized trial of a lifestyle intervention in obese endometrial cancer survivors: quality of life outcomes and mediators of behavior changeVivian E von Gruenigen
University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:17. 2009..To examine the effects of a 6 month lifestyle intervention on quality of life, depression, self-efficacy and eating behavior changes in overweight and obese endometrial cancer survivors...
- Indicators of survival duration in ovarian cancer and implications for aggressiveness of careVivian von Gruenigen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Cancer 112:2221-7. 2008..Ovarian cancer patients frequently receive chemotherapy near the end of life. The purpose of the current study was to develop indicators that characterize those ovarian cancer patients who have a short life span...
- Survivors of uterine cancer empowered by exercise and healthy diet (SUCCEED): a randomized controlled trialVivian von Gruenigen
Summa Health System, Akron, OH 44309, USA
Gynecol Oncol 125:699-704. 2012..The majority of endometrial cancer survivors (ECS) are obese and at risk for premature death. The purpose of this study was to evaluate an intervention for ECS to promote weight loss and a healthy lifestyle...
- Improved tolerance of primary chemotherapy with reduced-dose carboplatin and paclitaxel in elderly ovarian cancer patientsAmanda Nickles Fader
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 109:33-8. 2008..Elderly cancer patients are less likely to tolerate chemotherapy. We sought to compare the toxicity profiles and outcomes of elderly ovarian cancer patients treated with standard versus reduced-dose i.v. carboplatin/paclitaxel...
- A double-blind, randomized trial of pyridoxine versus placebo for the prevention of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin-related hand-foot syndrome in gynecologic oncology patientsVivian von Gruenigen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Summa Akron City Hospital, Akron, Ohio 44309 2090, USA
Cancer 116:4735-43. 2010....
- Cyberknife radiosurgery for squamous cell carcinoma of vulva after prior pelvic radiation therapyCharles Kunos
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 7:375-80. 2008..This study describes the first reported use of cyberknife radiosurgery for the treatment of recurrent vulvar cancer in three women...
- Phase I trial of pelvic radiation, weekly cisplatin, and 3-aminopyridine-2-carboxaldehyde thiosemicarbazone (3-AP, NSC #663249) for locally advanced cervical cancerCharles A Kunos
Department of Radiation Oncology, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, University Hospitals Case Medical Center and Case Western Reserve School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:1298-306. 2010..v. cisplatin and daily pelvic radiation in patients with gynecologic malignancies. 3-AP is a novel small-molecule inhibitor of ribonucleotide reductase (RNR) and is being tested as a potential radiosensitizer and chemosensitizer...
- Hormone replacement therapy in gynecologic cancer survivors: why not?Okechukwu Ibeanu
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Greater Baltimore Medical Center and Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Gynecol Oncol 122:447-54. 2011..The purpose of this review was to examine the published literature on menopause management in gynecologic cancer survivors and highlight the risks and benefits of conventional and alternative HRT in this population...
- Adjuvant treatment and survival in obese women with endometrial cancer: an international collaborative studyFrancesca Martra
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Turin, Mauriziano Umberto I Hospital, Turin, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:89.e1-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine the impact of patient weight on the frequency of surgical staging lymphadenectomy and pelvic radiation. Adverse effects, disease relapse, and survival outcomes were investigated...