Eva M Vivian
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- The pharmacist's role in maintaining adherence to insulin therapy in type 2 diabetes mellitusEva M Vivian
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, 777 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Consult Pharm 22:320-32. 2007..To provide pharmacists with recommendations on how to help patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) achieve optimal glycemic control with insulin therapy by addressing common barriers to insulin and to improve adherence to therapy...
- Weight perceptions of parents with children at risk for diabetesEva M Vivian
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1036 Rennebohm Hall, Madison, WI 53705, USA
BMC Res Notes 5:47. 2012..However, little is known about the perceptions toward weight, nutrition, and physical activity among these youth. This pilot study explored the perceptions of body weight among overweight and obese children and their parents...
- Identifying children at risk for type 2 diabetes in underserved communitiesEva M Vivian
University of Wisconsin Madison, School of Pharmacy, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Diabetes Educ 37:519-27. 2011..The purpose of this study was to identify and assess health behaviors among ethnic minority children at high risk for type 2 diabetes...
- The Team Education and Adherence Monitoring (TEAM) trial: pharmacy interventions to improve hypertension control in blacksBonnie L Svarstad
Social and Administrative Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wis 53705, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2:264-71. 2009..Involving pharmacists is a potentially powerful means of improving BP control in blacks. Pharmacists are in an excellent position to monitor patients between clinic visits and to provide useful information to patients and physicians...
- Effects of pharmacist outpatient interventions on adults with diabetes mellitus: a systematic reviewDeborah P Wubben
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53792 5148, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:421-36. 2008..Prospective assessments of the comparable efficacy of pharmacists to improve diabetes outcomes through self-management education and pharmacologic management are recommended...
- Insulin strategies for type 2 diabetes mellitusEva M Vivian
College of Pharmacy, Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, CA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:1916-23. 2004..To review the currently available insulin analogs and the benefits of insulin therapy in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Pramlintide for the treatment of diabetes mellitusErika L Kleppinger
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacy Administration, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4495, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:1082-9. 2003....
- Type 2 diabetes in children and adolescents--the next epidemic?Eva M Vivian
Western University of Health Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Pomona, California 91766 1854, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:297-306. 2006..To provide an overview of the incidence of type 2 diabetes in children and adolescents and provide direction for clinicians who care for children and adolescents...
- Slowing the progression of renal disease in patients with diabetes mellitusEva M Vivian
Ann Pharmacother 37:303. 2003
- Improving blood pressure control in a pharmacist-managed hypertension clinicEva M Vivian
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Pharmacy Administration, University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, 600 South 43rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pharmacotherapy 22:1533-40. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: Pharmaceutical care improves blood pressure control and results in more patients with hypertension reaching their blood pressure goal...