JERROLD L contact VITEK
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Long-term benefit from deep brain stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus: is it for everyone?Jerrold L Vitek
Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota, 516 Delaware Street SE, 12 100 PWB, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Alzheimers Res Ther 4:13. 2012..In spite of these problems, one cannot help but be encouraged by the results of a study that was done early in the course of implementing DBS and that shows continued improvement for patients as long as 10 years following implantation...
- External pallidal stimulation improves parkinsonian motor signs and modulates neuronal activity throughout the basal ganglia thalamic networkJerrold L Vitek
Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Exp Neurol 233:581-6. 2012....
- Intraoperative neurophysiology in DBS for dystoniaJerry L Vitek
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Mov Disord 26:S31-6. 2011..Additional research, which includes comparative studies, is needed to advance our understanding and optimization of DBS targets, techniques, and approaches along with their relative benefits and risks in dystonia...
- Deep Brain Stimulation in the Parkinsonian MonkeyJerrold L Vitek; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Pathophysiology of DystoniaJERROLD L contact VITEK; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Neurophysiological mechanisms underlying parkinsonian motor signsJERROLD L contact VITEK; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., deep brain stimulation and gene therapy, directed at modulating the neuronal activity in the basal ganglia thalamic circuit responsible for the development of PD motor symptoms. ..
- Pathophysiology of DystoniaJERROLD L contact VITEK; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..