Jean Philippe Vit
Affiliation: University of California
- The analgesic effect of low dose focal irradiation in a mouse model of bone cancer is associated with spinal changes in neuro-mediators of nociceptionJean Philippe Vit
Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0452, USA
Pain 120:188-201. 2006..We conclude that the analgesic effect of low dose irradiation of bone cancer is associated with the alteration of nociceptive transmission in the central nervous system...
- Analgesia and hyperalgesia from CRF receptor modulation in the central nervous system of Fischer and Lewis ratsJean Philippe Vit
Department of Neurological Surgery and the W M Keck Foundation Center for Integrative Neuroscience, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Pain 121:241-60. 2006..Our results establish that central CRF is a key modulator of pain behavior and indicates that CRF effects on nociception are largely independent of its mood modulating effect as well as its control of the HPA axis...
- Can satellite glial cells be therapeutic targets for pain control?Luc Jasmin
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Neuron Glia Biol 6:63-71. 2010..Taken together these data suggest that SGCs may play a role in the genesis or maintenance of pain and open a range of new possibilities for curing neuropathic pain...
- Evidence for a role of connexin 43 in trigeminal pain using RNA interference in vivoPeter T Ohara
Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 95143 0452, USA
J Neurophysiol 100:3064-73. 2008....
- Gliopathic pain: when satellite glial cells go badPeter T Ohara
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, California 95143 0452, USA
Neuroscientist 15:450-63. 2009..We propose the term gliopathic pain to describe those conditions in which central or peripheral glia are thought to be the principal generators of principal pain generators...
- Chronic constriction injury of the infraorbital nerve in the rat using modified syringe needleMelanie Kernisant
Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, United States
J Neurosci Methods 172:43-7. 2008..Pain behavior testing together with immunostaining for markers of nerve injury in the spinal trigeminal nucleus show the suitability of this procedure as a model of orofacial pain...
- Adenovector GAD65 gene delivery into the rat trigeminal ganglion produces orofacial analgesiaJean Philippe Vit
Department of Anatomy, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Mol Pain 5:42. 2009..We postulated that GABA produced from the expression of GAD would reduce pain behavior by acting on GABA receptors on neurons within the ganglion...
- Silencing the Kir4.1 potassium channel subunit in satellite glial cells of the rat trigeminal ganglion results in pain-like behavior in the absence of nerve injuryJean Philippe Vit
Department of Neurosurgery and Gene Therapeutics Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Neurosci 28:4161-71. 2008..1 to treat pain in general and particularly neuropathic pain that occurs in the absence of nerve injury...