David S Viswanatha
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization identifies cryptic t(16;16)(p13;q22) masked by del(16)(q22) in a case of AML-M4 EoShakil H Merchant
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Department of Pathology, BRF Room 337C, 915 Camino de Salud, NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131
J Mol Diagn 6:271-4. 2004....
- Resolution of ambiguous low-level positive quantitative polymerase chain reaction results in TEL-AML1 positive ALL using a post-PCR fluorescent oligoligation methodI Ming Chen
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico HSC and Cancer Research and Treatment Center, Albuquerque, NM USA
Br J Haematol 135:358-61. 2006..The data presented here indicate that a significant number of low-level apparent Q-PCR positive results may be spurious or non-specific in nature, requiring additional technical manoeuvres for confirmation of true positive cases...
- Morphologic and immunophenotypic analysis of angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma: Emphasis on phenotypic aberrancies for early diagnosisShakil H Merchant
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 126:29-38. 2006..Our results indicate that unique morphologic alterations and subsets of phenotypically aberrant T cells are present consistently in nearly all cases of AILT, including morphologically less definitive biopsy specimens...
- p57KIP2 immunohistochemistry in early molar pregnancies: emphasis on its complementary role in the differential diagnosis of hydropic abortusesShakil H Merchant
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Hum Pathol 36:180-6. 2005..p57(KIP2) staining can be used in concert with ploidy studies to refine the diagnosis of early molar pregnancies...
- CD4(+) CD56(+) lineage-negative malignancies are rare tumors of plasmacytoid dendritic cellsKaaren K Reichard
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico, 2325 Camino de Salud, Albuquerque, NM 87112, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:1274-83. 2005..Furthermore, these rare neoplasms can be readily diagnosed using recently developed immunoperoxidase techniques...
- Novel fluorescent ligase detection reaction and flow cytometric analysis of SYT-SSX fusions in synovial sarcomaRobyn Gaffney
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Mol Diagn 5:127-35. 2003..We conclude that this f-LDR method with flow-based detection is a robust approach to post-PCR detection of specific nucleotide sequences in SS and may be more broadly applicable in molecular oncology...
- Post-PCR multiplex fluorescent ligation detection assay and flow cytometry for rapid detection of gene-specific translocations in leukemiaI-Ming Chen
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico, Health Science Center, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 122:783-93. 2004..We conclude that f-LDR is a highly specific and sensitive post-PCR method with wide potential application...
- Primary plasmacytoma arising in an endocervical polyp with detection of neoplastic cells on papanicolaou test. A case report and review of the literatureEdgar G Fischer
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque 87131-5301, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:e28-31. 2003..The cytologic and histopathologic findings of plasmacytomas of the uterine cervix are discussed, including the utility of immunophenotypic and molecular techniques to confirm the neoplastic diagnosis...
- B-cell clonality determination using an immunoglobulin kappa light chain polymerase chain reaction methodReetesh K Pai
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
J Mol Diagn 7:300-7. 2005....
- Cytogenetic analysis in mantle cell lymphoma: a review of 214 casesWing Y Au
Division of Medical Oncology, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 43:783-91. 2002..CG evolution in MCL follows a complex but defined pattern. Regions affected by recurrent changes are similar to other B cell lymphomas. The LN and PB groups of t(11;14)-associated LPD may have subtle differences in clonal evolution...
- Isolated trisomy 15: a clonal chromosome abnormality in bone marrow with doubtful hematologic significanceCurtis A Hanson
Division of Hematopathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55955, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 129:478-85. 2008..Clonal trisomy 15 in isolation or in combination with -Y is an uncommon cytogenetic finding that does not seem to be associated with definitive morphologic or clinical features of MDS or any other malignant process...