Constance G Visovsky
Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- The effects of neuromuscular alterations in elders with cancerConstance Visovsky
University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing, Omaha, NE 68198 5330, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 22:36-42. 2006..To review the effects of normal aging on declines in function of peripheral nerves and muscles and the additive effects of chemotherapy and comorbidity in elders undergoing cancer treatment...
- Putting evidence into practice: evidence-based interventions for chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathyConstance Visovsky
The College of Nursing, The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 11:901-13. 2007..This article presents information concerning CIPN and summarizes the evidence for pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic approaches to the prevention and treatment of CIPN...
- Methodological challenges of symptom management research in recurrent cancerConstance G Visovsky
University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing, Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5330, USA
Cancer Nurs 31:175-81. 2008..Selection of appropriate study design, sample inclusion and exclusion criteria, measures of comorbidity and symptoms, and advanced analysis techniques are among the strategies proposed to address these methodological challenges...
- Muscle strength, body composition, and physical activity in women receiving chemotherapy for breast cancerConstance Visovsky
University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 5:183-91. 2006..Newer, more intense chemotherapy regimens may induce a differential effect on muscle strength and body composition. However, the role of physical activity during dose-dense chemotherapy protocols has not been established...
- Evaluation and management of peripheral neuropathy in diabetic patients with cancerConstance Visovsky
Nursing Program, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 12:243-7. 2008..The purpose of this article is to review the evaluation, management, and clinical implications of peripheral neuropathy in patients with cancer and diabetes...
- Fatigue and other variables during adjuvant chemotherapy for colon and rectal cancerAnn M Berger
University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 37:E359-69. 2010....
- From professional silos to interprofessional education: campuswide focus on quality of careRuth Margalit
Department of Health Promotion, Social and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6075, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 18:165-73. 2009..In response, we developed, implemented, and evaluated a campus wide IPE program, shifting from traditional educational silos to greater collaboration...
- Using a writing group to promote faculty scholarshipJulia Fisco Houfek
College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 985330 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5330, USA
Nurse Educ 35:41-5. 2010..The authors discuss the structure and processes of a writing group that can be adapted by faculty interested in using comentoring to increase their scholarship...
- What does it mean to be an oncology nurse? Reexamining the life cycle conceptsMarlene Z Cohen
College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, NE, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 37:561-70. 2010..To summarize the current research pertaining to the concepts initially examined by the Oncology Nursing Society Life Cycle of the Oncology Nurse Task Force and related projects completed in 1994...
- Predictors of adherence to a behavioral therapy sleep intervention during breast cancer chemotherapyDennis E McChargue
Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, USA
Support Care Cancer 20:245-52. 2012....
- Peripheral nerve function and symptom distress during biotherapy for malignant melanomaConstance G Visovsky
University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Nursing, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Can Oncol Nurs J 15:161-74. 2005....
- Strength Training For Therapy-Induced Muscle WeaknessConstance Visovsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..Content analysis and quantitative data will be used to determine the feasibility and acceptability of a home-based strength training exercise program to patients and clinicians. ..