Affiliation: University of California
- Exposure to war crimes and implications for peace building in northern UgandaPatrick Vinck
Payson Center for International Development, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
JAMA 298:543-54. 2007..In this context, it is important to examine population-based data on exposure to war crimes to understand how survivors perceive mechanisms aimed at achieving a lasting peace...
- Association of exposure to violence and potential traumatic events with self-reported physical and mental health status in the Central African RepublicPatrick Vinck
Human Rights Center, University of California, Berkeley, 460 Stephens Hall, No 2300, Berkeley, CA 94720 2300, USA
JAMA 304:544-52. 2010..The latest wave of violence erupted in 2001 and continues to this day in some areas. Yet there has been little attention to the conflict and even less research to document and quantify the conflict's human cost...
- Returning home: forced conscription, reintegration, and mental health status of former abductees of the Lord's Resistance Army in northern UgandaPhuong N Pham
Human Rights Center, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
BMC Psychiatry 9:23. 2009..This study examines the types of violence to which former abductees have been exposed and the extent to which these acts have affected their psychological well-being...
- Sense of coherence and its association with exposure to traumatic events, posttraumatic stress disorder, and depression in eastern Democratic Republic of CongoPhuong N Pham
Human Rights Center and School of Public Health, University of California Berkeley and Payson Center for International Development, Tulane University, USA
J Trauma Stress 23:313-21. 2010..Furthermore, the study found that sense of coherence is inversely correlated with cumulative exposure to violence and symptoms of PTSD and depression...
- Human rights, transitional justice, public health and social reconstructionPhuong Ngoc Pham
Human Rights Center, University of California, Berkeley, 460 Stephens Hall MC 2300, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Soc Sci Med 70:98-105. 2010..To illustrate the discussion, we examine new data and analyses from two cases of contemporary conflicts, eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and northern Uganda...
- Cyclone Nargis and the politics of relief and reconstruction aid in Burma (Myanmar)Eric Stover
Human Rights Center, University of California, Berkeley, 460 Stephens Hall #2300, Berkeley, CA 94720-2300, USA
JAMA 300:729-31. 2008