Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Challenges and success of recruiting and retention for a culturally tailored diabetes prevention program for adults of Mexican descentDeborah Vincent
University of Arizona College of Nursing, 1305 N Martin, P O Box 210203, Tucson, AZ 85721 0203, USA
Diabetes Educ 39:222-30. 2013....
- Culturally tailored education to promote lifestyle change in Mexican Americans with type 2 diabetesDeborah Vincent
University of Arizona College of Nursing, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0203, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 21:520-7. 2009..The purpose of this article is to report the results of a culturally tailored diabetes intervention for Mexican Americans on physical activity and to report the results of a focus group with intervention participants...
- The validity and reliability of a Spanish version of the summary of diabetes self-care activities questionnaireDeborah Vincent
College of Nursing, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 0203, USA
Nurs Res 57:101-6. 2008..Translation of data collection instruments, paying careful attention to equivalency between the source and the target language, is important to obtain valid data collection instruments...
- A feasibility study of a culturally tailored diabetes intervention for Mexican AmericansDeborah Vincent
University of Arizona College of Nursing, Tucson, AZ 85721 0203, USA
Biol Res Nurs 9:130-41. 2007..A culturally tailored diabetes self-management program may result in improved outcomes for Mexican Americans with type 2 diabetes...
- Using focus groups to develop a culturally competent diabetes self-management program for Mexican AmericansDeborah Vincent
University of Arizona College of Nursing, 1305 North Martin, PO Box 210203, Tucson, AZ 85721 0203, USA
Diabetes Educ 32:89-97. 2006....
- Down the rabbit hole: examining outcomes of nurse midwifery careDeborah Vincent
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Denver, Colo, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 19:361-7. 2004..Findings suggest that more sensitive cost and quality indicators of nurse midwifery care need to be developed, and the effect of these on outcomes needs to be elucidated...
- Disparity in prenatal care among women of colour in the USAJeong Hwan Park
University of South Carolina, College of Nursing, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Midwifery 23:28-37. 2007..To describe the disparity in prenatal care among women of colour in timing of initiation of prenatal care and total number of prenatal visits...
- Treatment patterns and outcomes in a low-risk nurse-midwifery practiceMarie Hastings-Tolsma
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Appl Nurs Res 22:10-7. 2009....
- Translation research in long-term care: improving pain management in nursing homesKatherine R Jones
School of Nursing, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 1:S13-20. 2004..Pain prevalence in nursing homes remains high, with multiple resident, staff, and physician barriers presenting serious challenges to its improvement...
- Getting through birth in one piece: protecting the perineumMarie Hastings-Tolsma
Nurse Midwifery, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, CO, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 32:158-64. 2007..To identify factors related to perineal trauma in childbirth, replicating the work of ...