Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Challenges and success of recruiting and retention for a culturally tailored diabetes prevention program for adults of Mexican descentDeborah Vincent
University of Arizona College of Nursing, 1305 N Martin, P O Box 210203, Tucson, AZ 85721 0203, USA
Diabetes Educ 39:222-30. 2013....
- Down the rabbit hole: examining outcomes of nurse midwifery careDeborah Vincent
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Denver, Colo, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 19:361-7. 2004..Findings suggest that more sensitive cost and quality indicators of nurse midwifery care need to be developed, and the effect of these on outcomes needs to be elucidated...
- Culturally tailored education to promote lifestyle change in Mexican Americans with type 2 diabetesDeborah Vincent
University of Arizona College of Nursing, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0203, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 21:520-7. 2009..The purpose of this article is to report the results of a culturally tailored diabetes intervention for Mexican Americans on physical activity and to report the results of a focus group with intervention participants...
- The validity and reliability of a Spanish version of the summary of diabetes self-care activities questionnaireDeborah Vincent
College of Nursing, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 0203, USA
Nurs Res 57:101-6. 2008..Translation of data collection instruments, paying careful attention to equivalency between the source and the target language, is important to obtain valid data collection instruments...
- A feasibility study of a culturally tailored diabetes intervention for Mexican AmericansDeborah Vincent
University of Arizona College of Nursing, Tucson, AZ 85721 0203, USA
Biol Res Nurs 9:130-41. 2007..A culturally tailored diabetes self-management program may result in improved outcomes for Mexican Americans with type 2 diabetes...
- Using focus groups to develop a culturally competent diabetes self-management program for Mexican AmericansDeborah Vincent
University of Arizona College of Nursing, 1305 North Martin, PO Box 210203, Tucson, AZ 85721 0203, USA
Diabetes Educ 32:89-97. 2006....
- Treatment patterns and outcomes in a low-risk nurse-midwifery practiceMarie Hastings-Tolsma
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Appl Nurs Res 22:10-7. 2009....
- The effects of a community-based, culturally tailored diabetes prevention intervention for high-risk adults of Mexican descentDeborah Vincent
Deborah Vincent, FAANP, Associate Professor, University of Arizona College of Nursing, 1305 North Martin, PO Box 210203, Tucson, AZ 85721 0203, USA
Diabetes Educ 40:202-13. 2014..This article reports the results of a community-based, culturally tailored diabetes prevention program for overweight Mexican American adults on weight loss, waist circumference, diet and physical activity self-efficacy, and diet behaviors...
- Disparity in prenatal care among women of colour in the USAJeong Hwan Park
University of South Carolina, College of Nursing, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Midwifery 23:28-37. 2007..To describe the disparity in prenatal care among women of colour in timing of initiation of prenatal care and total number of prenatal visits...
- Translation research in long-term care: improving pain management in nursing homesKatherine R Jones
School of Nursing, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 1:S13-20. 2004..Pain prevalence in nursing homes remains high, with multiple resident, staff, and physician barriers presenting serious challenges to its improvement...
- Getting through birth in one piece: protecting the perineumMarie Hastings-Tolsma
Nurse Midwifery, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, CO, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 32:158-64. 2007..To identify factors related to perineal trauma in childbirth, replicating the work of ...