Tamas J Vidovszky
Affiliation: University of California
- Composite mesh migration into the sigmoid colon following ventral hernia repairE C Nelson
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, 2221 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Hernia 15:101-3. 2011..Despite this, occasional complications may still present. We present the case of a 65-year-old man coming to our clinic 5 years after a third ventral hernia repair/revision with composite mesh...
- Robotic cholecystectomy: learning curve, advantages, and limitationsTamas J Vidovszky
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis, California 95817, USA
J Surg Res 136:172-8. 2006..Initial studies showed significant set up time and operating time but no clear clinical advantage of the robotic involvement. We have investigated the learning curve, advantages and limitation of the procedure...
- Increased soluble leptin receptor levels in morbidly obese patients with insulin resistance and nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseValentina Medici
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:2268-73. 2010..In conclusion, increased SLR levels in morbidly obese patients with diabetes are correlated with the stage of liver fibrosis, and may reflect progressive liver disease...
- Comparison of robotic and laparoendoscopic single-site surgery systems in a suturing and knot tying taskDan Eisenberg
Department of Surgery, Stanford School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA, USA
Surg Endosc 27:3182-6. 2013..We compared a LESS system with a robotic single-site surgery platform in performance of a suturing and knot-tying task under clinically simulated conditions...
- Robotic cholecystectomy and resident education: the UC Davis experienceEric C Nelson
Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee School of Medicine, Chattanooga, TN, USA
Int J Med Robot 10:218-22. 2014..The popularity of robotic surgery highlights the need for strategies to integrate this technique into surgical education. We present 5 year data for robotic cholecystectomy (RC) as a model for training residents...
- 3-D telestration: a teaching tool for robotic surgeryMohamed R Ali
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 18:107-12. 2008..This project aimed to develop a video algorithm to accurately translate a mentor's two-dimensional (2-D) telestration into a 3-D telestration in the da Vinci visual field...
- Single-site robotic cholecystectomy in a broadly inclusive patient population: a prospective studyTamas J Vidovszky
From the Innovative Surgery of the Alimentary Tract iSAT Institute, Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis in Sacramento
Ann Surg 260:134-41. 2014..To describe our initial experience with single-site robotic cholecystectomy (SSRC) and its applicability to a broad segment of patients...