Thomas R Vetter
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- The Perioperative Surgical Home: how can it make the case so everyone wins?Thomas R Vetter
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, JT862, 619 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL, 35249 6810, USA
BMC Anesthesiol 13:6. 2013....
- A case-control study of an intraoperative corneal abrasion prevention program: holding the gains made with a continuous quality improvement effortThomas R Vetter
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 38:490-6. 2012..A systematic approach maximized departmental awareness about this new eye-protection method and its documentation. Subsequent individual practitioner counseling and reinforcement was undertaken...
- An observational study of patient versus parental perceptions of health-related quality of life in children and adolescents with a chronic pain condition: who should the clinician believe?Thomas R Vetter
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, 619 19th Street South, JT 862, Birmingham, AL 35249 6810, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:85. 2012....
- The perioperative management of patients with coronary artery stents: surveying the clinical stakeholders and arriving at a consensus regarding optimal careThomas R Vetter
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, JT862, 619 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35249 6810, USA
Am J Surg 204:453-461.e2. 2012..Surgery on a patient on antiplatelet therapy creates the following dilemma: is it better to withdraw the drugs and reduce the hemorrhagic risk or to maintain them and reduce the risk of a myocardial ischemic event?..
- A clinical profile of a cohort of patients referred to an anesthesiology-based pediatric chronic pain medicine programThomas R Vetter
Department of Anesthesia, Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Anesth Analg 106:786-94, table of contents. 2008..This patient profile was intended to serve as a surrogate for a more formal population needs assessment...
- An Analysis of Methodologies That Can Be Used to Validate if a Perioperative Surgical Home Improves the Patient-centeredness, Evidence-based Practice, Quality, Safety, and Value of Patient CareThomas R Vetter
Maurice S Albin Professor, Resident, David H Chestnut Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Associate Professor, Department of Human Studies, School of Education, Professor, Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Anesthesiology 119:1261-74. 2013..This special article proposes comparative effectiveness research aims or objectives and an optimal study design for the novel PSH model. ..
- Airway management and vascular access simulation during a medical student rotationYasser Sakawi
The Birmingham VA Medical Centre, Birmingham, Alabama 35 233, USA
Clin Teach 8:48-51. 2011..The purpose of this study was to assess the subjective comfort level after implementing this teaching tool in medical students...
- Predictors of patient medication compliance on the day of surgery and the effects of providing patients with standardized yet simplified medication instructionsThomas R Vetter
From the Department of Anesthesiology T R V, M E D, A M B, Department of Emergency Medicine S C V, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama and Department of Nursing and the Center for Nursing Excellence K M N, University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama
Anesthesiology 121:29-35. 2014..The authors hypothesized that a standardized, simplified instruction sheet presented and verbally reinforced during the preanesthesia clinic visit would improve patient medication compliance on the day of surgery...
- The creation and impact of a dedicated section on quality and patient safety in a clinical academic departmentArthur M Boudreaux
Section on Quality and Patient Safety, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, USA
Acad Med 88:173-8. 2013..The SQPS has not only robustly promoted a departmental culture of quality patient care and safety but also set the standard for other departments and stakeholders within the authors' health system...
- A primer on health-related quality of life in chronic pain medicineThomas R Vetter
Department of Anesthesia, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Anesth Analg 104:703-18. 2007....
- The application of economic evaluation methods in the chronic pain medicine literatureThomas R Vetter
Department of Anesthesia, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Anesth Analg 105:114-8. 2007..The relative efficiency of a health care intervention or health status improvement realized for a given amount of resources expended can be determined using cost-effectiveness analysis or cost-utility analysis...
- Validation of the English language pain sensitivity questionnaireAlethia Baldwin Sellers
From the Department of Anesthesiology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL Department of Neurology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany and Department of Anesthesiology, Charles George VA Medical Center, Asheville, NC
Reg Anesth Pain Med 38:508-14. 2013..The Pain Sensitivity Questionnaire (PSQ) is predictive of pain-related responses to experimental stimuli in German-speaking individuals. Here, we explored the validation of the English translation of the PSQ (PSQ-E)...