S E Vernon
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Case report: subcutaneous elemental mercury injection--clinical observations and implications for tissue disposal from the histopathology laboratoryStephen E Vernon
Department of Pathology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 35:86-90. 2005..Skin injection cases are infrequent, but histopathology laboratories should recognize this phenomenon and be prepared to dispose of Hg-contaminated tissues in an environmentally sound manner...
- Acanthamoeba infection in lung transplantation: report of a case and review of the literatureS E Vernon
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Transpl Infect Dis 7:154-7. 2005..More recently, aggressive antimicrobial therapy has resulted in successful outcomes, as discussed herein...
- Cutaneous zygomycosis associated with urate panniculitisStephen E Vernon
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 28:327-30. 2006..Early diagnosis combined with extensive debridement and prompt antifungal therapy resulted in a successful outcome. We have coined the term "urate panniculitis" to describe this phenomenon...
- Low-grade fibromyxoid sarcoma: a brief reviewStephen E Vernon
Department of Pathology, University of Miami JMH, Miami, Fla 33136, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:1358-60. 2006..Because of similar clinical behavior and the common cytogenetic abnormality, some authors prefer to consider both lesions as a single entity within the spectrum of low-grade sarcomas...
- Sphenoid sinus chondromyxoid fibroma mimicking a mucoceleStephen E Vernon
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 27:406-8. 2006..Although CMFs are generally regarded as benign neoplasms, they may show an infiltrative pattern and may recur, particularly when they are in locations where complete surgical excision may be difficult or impossible...
- C16 laminin peptide increases angiotropic extravascular migration of human melanoma cells in a shell-less chick chorioallantoic membrane assayC Lugassy
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine JMH, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Br J Dermatol 157:780-2. 2007..Recent experimental studies strongly suggest a correlation of angiotropism of melanoma cells with EVMM. Angiotropic melanoma cells are linked to the endothelium by an amorphous matrix confirmed to contain laminin...
- Gallbladder cystadenoma and common bile duct obstructionSeth A Spector
The DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery, Divisions of Surgical Oncology and Surgical Endoscopy, and the Department of Pathology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Int J Gastrointest Cancer 34:151-5. 2003..In this report, we describe the endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreaticographic (ERCP) detection of intrinsic obstruction of the cystic duct and common bile duct by such a tumor in a 47-yr-old woman...