Livia A Veress
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Airway tissue plasminogen activator prevents acute mortality due to lethal sulfur mustard inhalationLivia A Veress
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045 and Medical Toxicology Branch Analytical Toxicology Division U S Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland 21010 5400, Maryland
Toxicol Sci 143:178-84. 2015..Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 48, 439-447). It is not known if exposure to neat SM vapor, the primary agent used in chemical warfare, will also cause death due to airway casts, and if tPA could be used to improve outcome...
- Tissue plasminogen activator prevents mortality from sulfur mustard analog-induced airway obstructionLivia A Veress
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 48:439-47. 2013..Most importantly, mortality, which was associated with hypoxemia and clinical respiratory distress, was eliminated...
- Tissue factor pathway inhibitor prevents airway obstruction, respiratory failure and death due to sulfur mustard analog inhalationRaymond C Rancourt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA Electronic address
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 272:86-95. 2013..The objective of this study was to determine whether recombinant tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) could inhibit this pathogenic sequence...
- Airway obstruction due to bronchial vascular injury after sulfur mustard analog inhalationLivia A Veress
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:1352-61. 2010..This process with SM is poorly understood because animal models are unavailable...
- Airway tissue factor-dependent coagulation activity in response to sulfur mustard analog 2-chloroethyl ethyl sulfideRaymond C Rancourt
Department of Pediatrics, National Jewish Health, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L82-92. 2012..These findings indicate that TF pathway inhibition could be an effective strategy to prevent airway obstruction after SM or CEES inhalation...
- Treatment with the catalytic metalloporphyrin AEOL 10150 reduces inflammation and oxidative stress due to inhalation of the sulfur mustard analog 2-chloroethyl ethyl sulfideHeidi C O'Neill
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80217, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 48:1188-96. 2010..Further investigation utilizing catalytic antioxidants as treatment for SM inhalation injury is warranted...
- Antifibrinolytic mechanisms in acute airway injury after sulfur mustard analog inhalationRaymond C Rancourt
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 51:559-67. 2014....