MARY MARDEN contact VELASQUEZ
Affiliation: University of Texas
- Impact of vital signs screening & clinician prompting on alcohol and tobacco screening and intervention rates: a pre-post intervention comparisonJ Paul Seale
Department of Family Medicine, Medical Center of Central Georgia and Mercer University School of Medicine, 3780 Eisenhower Pkwy, Macon, GA 31206, USA
BMC Fam Pract 11:18. 2010....
- Psychiatric distress in incarcerated women with recent cocaine and alcohol abuseMary M Velasquez
University of Texas at Austin, School of Social Work, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Womens Health Issues 17:264-72. 2007..This study aimed to determine how preincarceration abuse of alcohol and cocaine affected current psychiatric distress among female jail detainees held for 10-14 days...
- Reducing sexual risk behaviors and alcohol use among HIV-positive men who have sex with men: a randomized clinical trialMary M Velasquez
Health Behavior Research and Training Institute, Center for Social Work Research, The University of Texas at Austin, TX 78712 0359, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 77:657-67. 2009..Practitioners employing this intervention may achieve enhanced client outcomes in reduction of both alcohol use and risky sexual behavior...
- Screening for risky alcohol use among caregivers of pediatric trauma patients: a pilot studyR Todd Maxson
Trauma Services, Dell Children s Medical Center of Central Texas, Austin, Texas 78723, USA
J Trauma 67:S37-42. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate a pilot screening process for risky drinking caregivers, to determine rates of risky alcohol use, and to assess potential relationships between risky drinking and child safety behaviors...
- Family medicine month in a university-based program: establishing a family medicine identityRebecca Gladu
Department of Family Practice and Community Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 77030, USA
Fam Med 34:164-6. 2002..Results suggest that a curriculum based on the context of family medicine as a specialty enhances resident satisfaction and self efficacy...