Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Performance of HbA1c as an early diagnostic indicator of type 1 diabetes in children and youthKendra Vehik
Department of Pediatrics, Morsani College of Medicine, Universityof South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1821-5. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate HbA(1c) as an alternative criterion for impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) or type 1 diabetes (T1D) in high-risk subjects <21 years of age...
- Childhood growth and age at diagnosis with Type 1 diabetes in Colorado young peopleK Vehik
University of South Florida, Pediatrics Epidemiology Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Diabet Med 26:961-7. 2009..We assessed changes in age, body mass index (BMI), weight and height at diagnosis with T1D in non-Hispanic white (NHW) and Hispanic (HISP) young people from Colorado, using data from the IDDM Registry and SEARCH Study...
- The changing epidemiology of type 1 diabetes: why is it going through the roof?Kendra Vehik
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Pediatrics Epidemiology Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 27:3-13. 2011..It also provides a road map for future research directions...
- Islet autoantibody seroconversion in the DPT-1 study: justification for repeat screening throughout childhoodKendra Vehik
Pediatrics Epidemiology Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA
Diabetes Care 34:358-62. 2011..Our aim was to determine the timing of seroconversion to diabetes-associated autoantibody (DAA) positivity and risk in first- and second-degree relatives of patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Long-term outcome of individuals treated with oral insulin: diabetes prevention trial-type 1 (DPT-1) oral insulin trialKendra Vehik
University of South Florida, Pediatrics Epidemiology Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1585-90. 2011....
- Development of autoantibodies in the TrialNet Natural History StudyKendra Vehik
University of South Florida, Pediatrics Epidemiology Center, Tampa, FL, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1897-901. 2011....