William A Vega
Affiliation: University of California
- Effects of health insurance on perceived quality of care among Latinos in the United StatesDebra Perez
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, NJ, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:555-60. 2009..In order to examine these potential disparities, we assessed the effects of insurance coverage and multiple covariates on perceived quality of care...
- Ethnicity and variability of psychotic symptomsWilliam A Vega
Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024 4142, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 10:223-8. 2008..More cultural research on the clinical implications of ethnic variation in psychosis is needed. Developing awareness and requisite skills is a priority for clinicians who evaluate and recommend treatments to ethnically diverse patients...
- Prevalence and correlates of dual diagnoses in U.S. LatinosWilliam A Vega
David Geffen School of Medicine UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90024 4142, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 100:32-8. 2009..To examine the population prevalence, patterns of onset, and important demographic covariates for dual (co-occurring) diagnoses of substance and non-substance mental disorders...
- Health disparities in the Latino populationWilliam A Vega
Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024 4142, USA
Epidemiol Rev 31:99-112. 2009....
- Addressing stigma of depression in Latino primary care patientsWilliam A Vega
Department of Family Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Westwood, CA 90024, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 32:182-91. 2010..To develop a validated stigma checklist to assist physicians in addressing depression in Latino patients...
- From documenting to eliminating disparities in mental health care for LatinosSteven R Lopez
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Am Psychol 67:511-23. 2012..We argue that implementing interventions synchronously across multiple pathways has considerable potential to reduce and eventually eliminate disparities in mental health care...
- Neighborhood protective effects on depression in LatinosWilliam A Vega
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0411, USA
Am J Community Psychol 47:114-26. 2011....
- Cultural issues and psychiatric diagnosis: providing a general background for considering substance use diagnosesJavier I Escobar
Department of Psychiatry, University of Medicine and Dentistry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Addiction 101:40-7. 2006..To establish a general context on the topic of cross-cultural diagnosis and suggest how it can be applied to substance use disorders...