Affiliation: University of California
- Predicting response to reassurances and uncertainties in bioterrorism communications for urban populations in New York and CaliforniaElaine Vaughan
University of California, Psychology and Social Behavior, 3340 SE2 Building, School of Social Ecology Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Biosecur Bioterror 10:188-202. 2012....
- Cultural differences in young children's vulnerability to injuries: a risk and protection perspectiveElaine Vaughan
Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, School of Social Ecology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Health Psychol 23:289-98. 2004..Pediatric injury risk and protective factors seemed to operate in concert with cultural processes...
- Effective health risk communication about pandemic influenza for vulnerable populationsElaine Vaughan
Department of Psychology and Social Behavior, University of California, 3340 Social Ecology 2, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S324-32. 2009..We offer insights on communication preparedness gleaned from scientific studies and the deliberations of public health experts at a meeting convened by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, May 1 and 2, 2008...
- Maternal perspectives on the return of genetic results: Context mattersKimberley D Lakes
Department of Pediatrics, Orange County Vanguard Center for the National Children s Study, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California
Am J Med Genet A 161:38-47. 2013..Our findings indicate a need to have well-developed systems for allowing participants to make and change over time their choices regarding the return of their child's genetic results. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc...
- Diverse perceptions of the informed consent process: implications for the recruitment and participation of diverse communities in the National Children's StudyKimberley D Lakes
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, Irvine, 101 Academy Way, Suite 150, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Am J Community Psychol 49:215-32. 2012..To effectively recruit representative samples, it will be important to address a range of issues relevant for informed consent and to consider the impact of participation on both individuals and communities...